ABY Ecu Has blown!!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryster View Post
    I seem to have the same problem engine was started from a boost starter started up fine (slight mis fire ) Move it car stopped tryed to boost start it again . Noticed a mouse had chewed a coil pack wire . Sorted wire but it wouldn't start ! Notice one if tge main fuses had blown The ecu memory fuse . Fuse keeps blowing .
    so i removed ecu Changed fuse turned ignition one fuse was ok reinstated ecu turned ignition on blow fuse again .
    when the best place to get ecu checked ?
    s2 central put a chip in it years ago . I have had the off the ecu looks and smells ok .but i need it tested can anyone help please ?
    Think this is a fairly simple fix, short circuit diode perhaps?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Think this is a fairly simple fix, short circuit diode perhaps?
      thanks for the reply and sorry about the spelling i had had a few beers ?
      Do you know or anyone or a recommended company that can take look at it by any chance
      mate

Comment

Originally posted by ryster View Post
        I seem to have the same problem engine was started from a boost starter started up fine (slight mis fire ) Move it car stopped tryed to boost start it again . Noticed a mouse had chewed a coil pack wire . Sorted wire but it wouldn't start ! Notice one if tge main fuses had blown The ecu memory fuse . Fuse keeps blowing .
        so i removed ecu Changed fuse turned ignition one fuse was ok reinstated ecu turned ignition on blow fuse again .
        when the best place to get ecu checked ?
        s2 central put a chip in it years ago . I have had the off the ecu looks and smells ok .but i need it tested can anyone help please ?
        I used ecutesting.com and sent my original ecu off to these guys for testing and sugesting what could be done, though they said they couldnt fix it :/ on mine

Comment

My car is also blowing fuse 27. Driving along with no issues then suddenly died. Do we know which zener diode blows? Has anyone identified it? I've had a good look on the ecu and not seeing anything obvious.

Comment

Send me message and i can send picture of wich one

Comment

Originally posted by vidar skotheim View Post
              Send me message and i can send picture of wich one
              PM Sent.

Comment

Working...
              X