Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cutting out

As per my last post on my thread vcds 00561
    I just plugged the car in and it’s showing no faults car started fine and run 30 mins without cutting out iv checked the maf connection replaced the fuel pump relay also fpr all ok the only thing i found is no 2 coil pack is a very loose fitting no 3 is a little loose where the others are tight would this cause the car to cut out?

Ignition switch problem maybe??

Comment

An intermittent fault is always more difficult to find.
      You just need to work your way methodically through everything. It's probably only a loose/damaged wire or sensor.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Where do you start? all other advice on the net points to maf which seems ok even with the spare i have so is it electrical or fuel related ?

Comment

There is a good thread on here that you can follow. It could be fuel or electrical.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...does-not-start
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks will check it out

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
              Where do you start? all other advice on the net points to maf which seems ok even with the spare i have so is it electrical or fuel related ?
              What were the symptoms again? It’s just randomly cutting out?

Have you actually changed the maf connector pins or cleaned them by removing from the connector shell and using 1000 grit wet and dry as discussed in the maf connector thread?
              Having said that, maf connector would cause poor running, not engine actually dying.

Also I think you were talking about changing the fuel pump?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

The guy that did all the gaskets is coming up tomorrow he reckons it could be the idle control valve I didn’t think of that one I changed it last year so hopefully it’s as easy as that.

Comment

Hi
                  i am having a similar problem : I changed the throttle body and idle stabiles valve . The wiring in engine compartment is brittle from age and heat and I think it’s the wiring that is breaking down : let me know if you solve your problem :

Comment

Found the fault I think! replaced fuel pump relay and pump everything seems ok no problems yet

Comment

Nice! Glad that it's all been settled now.

Comment

Fingers crossed

Comment

Hi, sorry for the revival. But how do I remove the connectors to replace them? Is there a special tool or something? Thanks.

Comment

Reviving this as mine has started an intermittent fault where you are driving normally, not on boost but gentle acceleration and cruising and the car just cuts out, Pull over, turn the ignition off and back on and it starts and runs fine for a while then cuts out again,
                            Lost confidence in it at the moment as worry it'll cut out somewhere such as halfway around a roundabout or something.
                            Nothing obvious. Trying to locate a seemingly impossible to find Spare MAF at the moment and also wondering if it could be one of the flywheel sensors or knock sensors. Not much else to go wrong on these compared to a modern car?!!
                            Any suggestions
                            1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                            2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                            2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Thermal fuses?
                              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                              X