Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Yes that's a bit off.
    Do i adjust it by unscrewing it or do i need to take off the top cover?
    Should i check the cam timing aswell? The car got 7A cams as far as i know if that makes anything different
    Audi S2 Coupe
    Audi A6 C7
    VW T5

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez90 View Post

Do i adjust it by unscrewing it or do i need to take off the top cover?
      Should i check the cam timing aswell? The car got 7A cams as far as i know if that makes anything different
      Check the cam timing to make sure it's on the marks. Then loosen the distributor clamp (13mm nut) and rotate the distributor body to align the marks. The 13mm nut is tricky to get to, ISTR a short spanner is useful, maybe with a length of cord attached to pull it with..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

The cam marks isnt aligned either? I rolled the car so the 0 mark on flywheel is only show half of the 0, as In the picture i posted a few days ago. Am i not In TDC here? Whats the next step now?

this car is giving me sleep issues soon
        Attached Files
        Audi S2 Coupe
        Audi A6 C7
        VW T5

Comment

Bought a set of orginal cams and swapped out the 7a cams. Timing on the distributor was off after swap so it didnt start right away. Adjusted and now it runs with boost. If it was the cams or the timing that has caused my boosting issues is unknown. Now it runs like it should!
          Audi S2 Coupe
          Audi A6 C7
          VW T5

Comment

You can have a situation where timing is close enough to start but not close enough to give you boost.
            Glad you've sorted it!
            FWIW i reverted to stick cams too, I was getting good boost but the car never felt right with the 7A cams and I seems to be getting more surge, 3B cams work good and give great midrange which is what I wanted for a road car.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X