Best (strongest/safest) Audi RS2 Toothed Crank Pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best (strongest/safest) Audi RS2 Toothed Crank Pulley

I want to change my Cambelt on my RS2 as I am in the middle of having my alternator refurbished.

What is the reviews on the Toothed Crank Pulley these days?

I remember when I was younger, these were an issue for cracking?

Do I order new Genuine one from Audi Tradition, or a ‘stronger’ new billet ‘bettered’ one like these ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163686549862

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223945178932

Please help guys.

I highly recommend you get one from James on here. It's the same as the first link you have posted but if you send him a PM, I think there is a Forum member discount.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...e9#post2090593
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

As Dave said, billet pulley from James (terrybullwon on here) and you won't have to worry about it again. Use appropriate crank locking tool when undoing the pulley bolt

Comment

That’s great news! Where is best place for a Crank Locking Tool guys?

Comment

error404 sells a crank locking tool

Comment

Error404 should have them for sale. I purchased my tool directly from the dealers, part vag 3256. I have ABY and the tool bolts straight to the block if you don't have AC in the way. I have AC, but i managed to get away with it with some help from a friend.

Comment

Search changing RS2 camber here before you start. There are a few very important things you need to know, like never use an impact gun and RS2 timing marks are off set and different to S2. Change the water pump, tensioner and crank bolt at the same time and go for quality parts. You will also need to borrow a heavy duty torque wrench capable of 450nm!
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                Search changing RS2 cambelt here before you start. There are a few very important things you need to know, like never use an impact gun and RS2 timing marks are off set and different to S2. Change the water pump, tensioner and crank bolt at the same time and go for quality parts. You will also need to borrow a heavy duty torque wrench capable of 450nm!
                Spellchecked for you Dave

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Cheers
                  Bl00#y auto write
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Dave, where is the best place to buy a Genuine or good reliable brand like Febi Bilstein Crank Bolt & Water Pump ?

Comment

Can I just get the timing marks lined up where they are now, take some photos, make sure I know where they all are and should be, then get some bright paint and a ‘screwdriver end’ and mark it all up? Cams, Flywheel, lower pulley etc?

Where can I buy a genuine or OEM quality belt tensioner also?

Ive decided to change all the belts and the Alternator too.

Comment

Originally posted by UUUdirs2newcastle View Post
                        Thanks Dave, where is the best place to buy a Genuine or good reliable brand like Febi Bilstein Crank Bolt & Water Pump ?
                        I wouldn't use the febi crank bolt as the collar is very thin. Get a genuine one from Audi Tradition. The SKF water pump and idler bearing are good quality replacements. I would also recommend a new diamond washer if yours looks damaged. Ebay.de for that, 30 euro's.
                        Buy SKF direct on their website. There are a lot of fakes about.
                        Last edited by Tractor Dave; 13 August 2020, 09:29.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by UUUdirs2newcastle View Post
                          Can I just get the timing marks lined up where they are now, take some photos, make sure I know where they all are and should be, then get some bright paint and a ‘screwdriver end’ and mark it all up? Cams, Flywheel, lower pulley etc?

Where can I buy a genuine or OEM quality belt tensioner also?

Ive decided to change all the belts and the Alternator too.
                          If you search the Forum the correct timing marks will be here. Ignore the damper mark as it's not very accurate. Go by the mark on the flywheel.
                          I may have said it before but worth repeating, never use an impact gun on either pulley!
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...iming-question
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Dave, I owe you a few beers! :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X