RS2 Does NOT start after frontal collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Does NOT start after frontal collision

Hello! I recently had a hit with the car (an RS2) and now it does not start. The hi was frontal, and the distribution was damaged (the camshaft pulley and the belt were damaged, which lost two teeth). They have made me in the workshop the distribution (in theory well, leaving half a tooth of the aforementioned pulley outside the mark, as it says in all the forums that it has to be for the ADU engine), but nothing. It looks like a sensor that cuts the injection, but if it is not the Hall sensor, I don't know what else it could be. My mechanic is waiting to get the cables to connect the diagnostic machine, to see if anything clears up.

Does anyone know if this car has a switch that jumps in the event of a frontal hit? For the record, the airbags did not operate.

PD-Traslate with google

Have you checked for valve damage?
    Have you removed both pulleys and checked both have intact keys?
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

These cars are too old to have any accident management software/fuses. If the cam pulley has been damaged, it all needs a good check as suggested above. The camshaft hall sensor has probably been damaged.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Diagnosis Error 515 G40 Hall sensor ; permanent. Maybe out of timing or sensor damage. How can i test sensor its ok?

Comment

The engine will not start without a working camshaft sensor. Either the sensor is broken or the slot in the disc that triggers it isn't there or in the correct place.

Comment

You don't need to test the sensor, it doesn't work the diagnosis error has told you.

You need to look at the sensor and see what mechanical damage has been done to it and/or the metal trigger disc and replace accordingly.

Comment

I bougth a new camshaft sprocket from Audi Tradition, the sensor is on it, isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                These cars are too old to have any accident management software/fuses.
                Land Rover Discovery and RRCs had a pin that popped up on the fuel pump relay when it sensed an impact, so I wouldn't that is the case

Comment

Originally posted by epimalone View Post
                  I bougth a new camshaft sprocket from Audi Tradition, the sensor is on it, isnt it?
                  No. The sensor is on the end of the cylinder head. The gap is on the sproket.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...or-034905161-a

Post #12

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

No. The sensor is on the end of the cylinder head. The gap is on the sproket.
                      Sorry !, I was referring to the metal trigger (which Johne mentioned) not the Hall sensor. Anyway, the part is new, so everything is fine.

So! if the ADU timing is correct, the problem may be that the G40 Hall Sender is damaged (even if it has no external signs),or is there another possibility? ?

Sorry for my English!
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

The key on both pulleys, top and bottom is a weak point. I am working on a ABY engine now where both keys have sheared resulting in catastrophic valve damage. You need to set the engine to TDC and remove both pulleys and inspect the key for damage. If either is damaged, you need to carry out a compression test to see if the valves have been damaged. If they have, its head off time
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by epimalone View Post
                            No
                            The sensor is triggered by the disc inside the pulley
                            The sensor is bolted to the head

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

My mechanic is going to check the correct timing adjustment. Especially crankshaft adjustment, which I wasn't sure about. If it still does not start, it will test with a new Sensor Hall.
                              Thanks for everyone's replies!

Comment

Working...
                              X