Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K24 Turbo Refurb - Who would you send it to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already started to take EM off to do the head gasket. Two broken studs from memory, they will need sorting at some point....
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
      Already started to take EM off to do the head gasket. Two broken studs from memory, they will need sorting at some point....
      Have you got a mig welder?
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I can machine out & helicoil the broken studs if you aren’t able to get them out with some heat Steve. New stud kits on the shelf also

https://www.ultraperformance.co.uk/a...ess-washer-set
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ah

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Have you got a mig welder?
            Nope, only a butane torch....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

The good thing about welding a nut on the stud with the mig is that it's sudden, intense heat that seems to do the trick and gives you a new nut to put you socket on.
              If there are threads left, you can put two nuts on and lock together and work on slowly.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                I can machine out & helicoil the broken studs if you aren’t able to get them out with some heat Steve. New stud kits on the shelf also

https://www.ultraperformance.co.uk/a...ess-washer-set
                Already purchased thank you very much!

I have two potential options regarding machining. Either ask the Head rework company to remove the studs, or I have a mate locally who has a small workshop to do it as favour.

I appreciate the offer though.
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic

Comment

The good thing about welding a nut on the stud with the mig is that it's sudden, intense heat that seems to do the trick and gives you a new nut to put you socket on.
                  If there are threads left, you can put two nuts on and lock together and work on slowly.
                  No threads left, they are sub flush, so will need to go on a mill ideally and be drilled out undersized and pulled out or drilled out completely and helicoiled....

The fun starts here....
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Have you thought about getting a hybrid from Vidar? I'm very pleased with mine and didn't cost much more than your refurb will cost.
                    What hybrid did you get? Ive bought the k24-7000 for my chip-setup temp, wondering if its any good.
                    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post

What hybrid did you get? Ive bought the k24-7000 for my chip-setup temp, wondering if its any good.
                      Same as you. K24 7000.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Same as you. K24 7000.
                        Cool didnt read the whole thread hehe.
                        How is the spool up on it compared to original? faster or slower?
                        Im wondering if it will be a good fit to my setup.

I really dont know what setup my car has.. checked ecu and it has a vmap variable 2.5bar/3bar , with 2 MTM295 chips ( some fake MTM stuff probably.. never heard of the 295 ? ) Is that supposed to be 295? If so thats kinda okay with this turbo from Vidar probably?

Comment

Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post

Cool didnt read the whole thread hehe.
                          How is the spool up on it compared to original? faster or slower?
                          Im wondering if it will be a good fit to my setup.

I really dont know what setup my car has.. checked ecu and it has a vmap variable 2.5bar/3bar , with 2 MTM295 chips ( some fake MTM stuff probably.. never heard of the 295 ? ) Is that supposed to be 295? If so thats kinda okay with this turbo from Vidar probably?
                          Spool is a bit behind the standard turbo but pulls stronger when it kicks in. I have Nothelle chip, Wagner EM, ported head by Nothelle, RS2 downpipe.
                          I am no expert, best speak to Error or likewise as to what's best with your setup. I think I was just lucky that the k24-7000 hybrid is very close to the Nothelle turbo that was originally on it so it works well for me.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

No threads left, they are sub flush, so will need to go on a mill ideally and be drilled out undersized and pulled out or drilled out completely and helicoiled....

The fun starts here....
                            Steve i,d ues a wurth Time sert over a re coil kit. Let me know if you need a kit i'll pop it over to yours if you like fella

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post

Steve i,d ues a wurth Time sert over a re coil kit. Let me know if you need a kit i'll pop it over to yours if you like fella
                              Thanks Mate, I will let you know. Head is not off yet...
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Spool is a bit behind the standard turbo but pulls stronger when it kicks in. I have Nothelle chip, Wagner EM, ported head by Nothelle, RS2 downpipe.
                                I am no expert, best speak to Error or likewise as to what's best with your setup. I think I was just lucky that the k24-7000 hybrid is very close to the Nothelle turbo that was originally on it so it works well for me.
                                Think Im gonna pay a "local" guy to go over it and dyno the simple setup I have. Just to make it safe to play around with and unleash some of its potensial.
                                Custom chips without knowing what they were made for is usually a bit bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X