Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K24 Turbo Refurb - Who would you send it to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K24 Turbo Refurb - Who would you send it to?

Afternoon all,

I am embarking on various improvement projects during September including a head gasket replacement and Head refurb, and while the car is apart I would like to send my Turbo off for a refresh. I don't think there is anything actually wrong with it, although it is ever so slightly noisy during spool up.

Which UK supplier should I send it to?

Also, are there any subtle performance tweaks that I can make to the stock turbo while it is there...?

Thanks

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

I'm very pleased with the turbo I got from Vidar but have the Nothelle ecu. At £600 it's not much more than a good refurb and like new.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I will see if i can dig out who DJones sent mine off to when he rebuilt my engine a while back. And yes you can change the cutback but i think you would then need to get it remapped to take advantage of any improvement in flow.
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I sent our S2’s off to Turbo Dynamics

https://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/?gcl...SAAEgIM4PD_BwE

They did several upgrades whilst in there. Can’t remember them all but it included the porting and a couple of other bits and bobs. Came in around £695.00 ISTR.

i wanted a turbo that was ‘fit’ and ‘strong’ on delivery without having to go mad remapping or changing other things on the car.

It is a lovely kkk24k, strong boost early. Now running it with a Nothelle ECU which seems happier than the MTM one, less surges and more linear delivery.

The rallyrep is due a refurbishment to its Kkk24k turbo, it’ll be going to the same place.

They’re easy to chat through your requirements and I initially chose them on recommendation from Ray Read because they built several iterations of turbo for his 20vT Ur Quattro rally car.
        Last edited by Ian Simmonds; 13 September 2020, 16:31.
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Thanks all, this is a great start!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I had my k24-7200 rebuilt by Turbo Dynamics cost me £330. Highly recommend them great company.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Emerald Green ABY Coupé
            RS2+ Spec
            @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Just dont send it to midland turbo, mine came back worse

Comment

Originally posted by Farhazaftab786g View Post
                I had my k24-7200 rebuilt by Turbo Dynamics cost me £330. Highly recommend them great company.
                It’s like Christmas morning when that box arrives isn’t it?

They are a lovely piece of engineering and stunning to look at when they’re “as new.“
                85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Farhazaftab786g View Post
                  I have emailed them for a quote.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
                    Just dont send it to midland turbo, mine came back worse
                    thanks!
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Rebuild it yourself and send it for balancing. It's a simple job to take apart, clean and rebuild. The balancing is the important part.
                      91 Modded 3B
                      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Owen Development 01865 821062 right up near you Steve by Abingdon. We use them all the time .

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
                          Owen Development 01865 821062 right up near you Steve by Abingdon. We use them all the time .
                          Thanks - I had no idea they were near me!
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                            Rebuild it yourself and send it for balancing. It's a simple job to take apart, clean and rebuild. The balancing is the important part.
                            Where do you get the balancing done?
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Update: Turbo is finally out of the car. (That is bloody difficult isn't it?!)

I spoke to Owen Dev, they can't get parts for Borg Warner and recommended Turbo Dynamics. Spoke to a chap there who can refurb K24 for me. I will be sending my turbo off to them next week.

Watch this space.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X