No announcement yet.

Audi s2 Aby running hot 95 degrees or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All's well that ends well. This is undoutably one of the greatest car forums in the world for positive user engagement and helpfullness.

Long may it continue.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
      All's well that ends well. This is undoutably one of the greatest car forums in the world for positive user engagement and helpfullness.

Long may it continue.
      Deffo bro! <3 S2 and Audi Power!!!

(Im not sure on the new Audi ways, -- a request would be to help with older Audis like ours and more awesome progressive and collaborative ways).

As my German Uncles would say

"Auf Dee Dauer!!! Audi Power!!!"
      edit (On the Duration - Audi Power!)
      (Im not sure what it means - but something good haha

Comment

Idle/low rpm overheating = big clearance waterpump impeller - engine block

Comment

Originally posted by SSPRL View Post
          Idle/low rpm overheating = big clearance waterpump impeller - engine block
          Thank you dude!! will check this out!

Comment

The s2 manual says my car is running the correct temperature. Im curious as to why people on this forum have deviated from the information stated in this manual. I have prob gone and done things I didnt need to do because of it. :/

Attached Files

Comment

I have installed a new mfts, fan switch, thermostat and upgraded to aluminium larger capacity 70mm radiator.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Chris, I just went through the first three pages of this thread, I couldn't see anyone saying 95 or even 100C was too hot, lots of people suggesting gauge is only a guide, and rarely accurate, and ensuring that your fan came on correctly. I may have missed it of course.

I have just got back from holiday towing ~800kg with my coupe 20v, which has essentially the same cooling system as yours, motorway cruising the gauge shows a bit under 90, when doing slower roads, 40mph say, the air flow is less meaning temp creeps up over 90, after a hot run through devonian hills and stopping at a services, heat soak meant it was up around 100 degrees, and the fan was blowing hard. None of this concerned me and was very happy to keep going at slightly above the limit.

This country really isn't hot enough to warrant the aux rad, it is more for thundering down the autobahn at max chat or in a middle Eastern desert, or death valley! I still run one, as I have it, but even without it sounds like yours is fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                  Hey Chris, I just went through the first three pages of this thread, I couldn't see anyone saying 95 or even 100C was too hot, lots of people suggesting gauge is only a guide, and rarely accurate, and ensuring that your fan came on correctly. I may have missed it of course.

I have just got back from holiday towing ~800kg with my coupe 20v, which has essentially the same cooling system as yours, motorway cruising the gauge shows a bit under 90, when doing slower roads, 40mph say, the air flow is less meaning temp creeps up over 90, after a hot run through devonian hills and stopping at a services, heat soak meant it was up around 100 degrees, and the fan was blowing hard. None of this concerned me and was very happy to keep going at slightly above the limit.

This country really isn't hot enough to warrant the aux rad, it is more for thundering down the autobahn at max chat or in a middle Eastern desert, or death valley! I still run one, as I have it, but even without it sounds like yours is fine to me.
                  Hey Bowie, thank you dude. Thats good information. Yes I guess all is good, I have now an upgrade at least and a few spare parts (mtfs, fan switch and thermostat, which I could sell on now - as I know they are all functioning well).

Thankyou bud!

Comment

Yes, lovely rad setup, for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X