S6 cutting out while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 cutting out while driving

My urs6 cut out twice yesterday while driving , not a nice experience . It would not start again for about a minute Then it ran ok . The first journey was about 10miles the second around 20. I had just added 10 gals but, it was quite low when I did this .
    it had a new fuel pump a couple of years ago and, the fuel lines and fuel filter where changed last year along with the cam sensor .
    Any ideas would be much appreciated

I'm afraid I have no idea what your issue may be, but when it occurs, you might start by trying to determine what you do not have, spark or fuel for starters perhaps. For instance, on this engine, can one assemble a temporary rig to carry along to be able to watch a grounded spare spark plug while cranking with the hood (bonnet?) just barely open so as to shade the plug; on the side of the road? Can you normally hear the fuel pump run briefly when the key is in the middle position? Had you left the tank nearer to empty over the winter? Does it always eventually re-start after cooling-off?

What you may have is/are stored diagnostic codes, which may help in pointing towards the root issue, try pulling them.

If you haven't already, it be be helpful to work your way through a trouble-shooting list like this one of Dave's (even if not exactly for your motor):

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/genera...35#post1077635

Comment

Potential solutions to why your AAN-powered UrS isn't starting
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...isn-t-starting

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s . I have replaced the fuel pump and the filter ,hopefully that has fixed it . The pump was replaced a couple of years ago with a pump from a motor factor .the new one is a Bosch unit . I have done several miles and so far it’s fine. Many thanks again for your help

Comment

Car has started to cut out again . It cuts while driving but starts on the key straight away . The pump was replaced with a Bosch unit march last year and I haven’t driven much more than a 1000 mls since fitting . At a loss to now where to look now

Comment

Have you got an aftermarket alarm fitted?
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
                Car has started to cut out again . It cuts while driving but starts on the key straight away . The pump was replaced with a Bosch unit march last year and I haven’t driven much more than a 1000 mls since fitting . At a loss to now where to look now
                S6 has those weird thermal fuses by the ECU. Maybe going bad?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

No aftermarket alarm , just the oe.
                  john I had forgotten about the thermal fuses , I will check them

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
                    No aftermarket alarm , just the oe.
                    john I had forgotten about the thermal fuses , I will check them
                    I think you can just replace them with normal fuses Lou

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I'd say thermal fuses too
                      I had an s4 do it on me years ago.
                      By time it had been recovered from a dark dual carriageway, on a blind bend and I'd paid £160 it started
                      Happend twice more locally before I found out about thermal fuses
                      Replaced with normal ones and was fine then on

Comment

Working...
                      X