Non Starting ABY S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Starting ABY S2

I started a thread asking for immobiliser advise on a non starting ABY, but fairly sure it isn't the immobiliser now as the advise I recieved was that the car should start for a few seconds and then stop if it was an immobiliser probem.

The initial problem with the car was that it was moved out of the garage under its own steam, but refused to start when it was time for it to go back into the garage a couple of hours later. The battery then went flat after repeated attempts to start the car, and was then connected to a battery charger with a boost function in an attempt to get it going. It has not started since then.

When I got the car to my garage it had no fuel pump activation or spark.

I then did the following...

Fuel pump relay replaced.
    All fuses removed, checked, cleaned up and replaced
    New spark plugs fitted
    Coil wiring loom visually checked
    New earth wire from the coil cover to the cylinder head fitted
    Timing pin on flywheel checked
    Cam timing checked
    2 new crankshaft sensors fitted
    New camshaft sensor fitted

After a bit of research I found a few posts about dead ECU's and fuse 27 blowing, I bought a 2nd hand ECU which has solved some of the problems, but the car still would not start.
    With the 2nd hand ECU fuse 27 stopped blowing, I had fuel pump activation and spark but the fuel injectors were not firing.
    The ECU in the car was a 895907551B. I bought a 895907551A which is a non immobiliser model but I had seen a few posts online saying it was compatable.

I then found post regarding fuse 27 blowing due to the ECU getting volt spiked and blowing the D900 and D901 diodes, so I ordered new diodes and got them fitted to the original ECU. This also stopped fuse 27 blowing, fuel pump activation and spark returned, but the fuel injectors stil were not firing.

I have since checked continuity of almost every wire going to the ECU which have all ckecked out ok. I seem to have 12v at all pins that need power and all the earths are all ok too.
    The fuel injectors are all within spec at 16ohm and will click if I earth them out with my power probe.

Totally out of ideas now, and am starting to think it must be an ECU problem, but I can't just keep buying ECU's with out knowing if the ones I have are bad.

Anybody have any ideas, or would be willing to test the ECU's by fitting them to their own known running car for me?
    Obviously I am not going to sent 2 ECU's to just anybody, it would need to be a long term trusted UK member of this site.

Whereabouts are you?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

oops, forgot to add that I am in Shetland which is the **** end of nowhere, so the ECU's will need to be posted as it is a 14 hour ferry trip for me to get to Aberdeen.

Comment

Is either ecu showing fault codes or are you still unable to see codes ?
        Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oollit View Post
          oops, forgot to add that I am in Shetland which is the **** end of nowhere, so the ECU's will need to be posted as it is a 14 hour ferry trip for me to get to Aberdeen.
          Yell Man is on this forum, unless that’s his car you’ve bought?

I’d be happy to test the ECUs on my car but I’m way down in Surrey

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I still can't connect to either ECU, but I am going to have a look at the diagnostic plugs to see if I can see any wiring problems there.

Its actually not even my car, its one of my friends who owns it and I am just trying to get it going for him. He has owned it for about 12 years so its not Yell Mans one. I'm too poor to own a S2 lol.

Comment

I still can't connect to either ECU, but I am going to have a look at the diagnostic plugs to see if I can see any wiring problems there.

Its actually not even my car, its one of my friends who owns it and I am just trying to get it going for him. He has owned it for about 12 years so its not Yell Mans one. I'm too poor to own a S2 lol.
              What I’m saying is, it would seem there’s another S2 in the Shetlands you could try the ECUs in, that’s if YellMan is still there and still has his car.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Yes I get that, there are probably 2 or 3 other S2's up here, but I only know the whereabouts of one other, and his car is not running at the moment as he is in the middle of a front end resto and a fairly bonkers engine instal.

I did know a guy who lived in Yell and owned an S2 Avant, but he moved away from the Island a few year ago. I will try to find out who owns the others now.

Comment

Yes I get that, there are probably 2 or 3 other S2's up here, but I only know the whereabouts of one other, and his car is not running at the moment as he is in the middle of a front end resto and a fairly bonkers engine instal.

I did know a guy who lived in Yell and owned an S2 Avant, but he moved away from the Island a few year ago. I will try to find out who owns the others now.
                  Ok, if you want me to check your ECUs just PM me for contact details.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Thanks newsh, I'll drop you a PM later on tonight after work.

Comment

Working...
                    X