This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o yessss,i had the same problem as you.

whem i had firts my car i had it with the n75 disabled and the turbo preassure was only 0,4

weeks later,one friend with other S2 avant said me:heyyy you have the n75 desabledd¡¡¡ and whem i conected it my turbo preassure go up to 1bar-1,1 bar and now i have problems with the max turbo loaded whem cross 1 bar.aniway i think this is not the famous limp mode,

why my turbo preassure go up to more than 1 bar with my S2 3B in stock state (only without catalistators) i have not any problems with other preassures example 0,9-0,8-0,7...etc, the aceleration is too pretty in all preassures but not whem cross 1 bar... maybe i need buy a new N75,or change the sensor map preassure for other with 250 or 300kpa...

good bye from spain
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

I bet the ECU still has a 200kPa MAP sensor in it and a stock boost chip, if you're lucky. This was how my car was.

Have you checked the wastegate signal hose? You may find a boost controller of some sort. Mine was in the form of a bleed valve. It may be why your boost is running at 1 bar+. The 'tuner' must have disconnected the N75 for a reason.
      SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
        I bet the ECU still has a 200kPa MAP sensor in it and a stock boost chip, if you're lucky. This was how my car was.

Have you checked the wastegate signal hose? You may find a boost controller of some sort. Mine was in the form of a bleed valve. It may be why your boost is running at 1 bar+. The 'tuner' must have disconnected the N75 for a reason.
        i hope this.... in around 2 weeks i will "touch" the ECU for change the old 200kps sensor for other of 300 kpa.and this friend will put chips in the ECU too for try to go up my stock S2 coupe to 270-290 hp.i am not sure but him(one family man with coupe S2 with 400hp) will put the hardware work of the RS2...aniway my friend will know,because he "tunned" around 5 S2 here in spain.

pd:is possible arrive to the goal of 300 hp,with the car S2 3b stock only without catalistators only remaping the ECU with chips and changing the 200kpa sensor map??
        pd2: i changed the blow of for one audi tt 225 hp Dv

if i want more,i will need spend a lot of money moreeeeee aniway with 280 hp i will be very happyyyy

adios

Comment

I blew my engine thanks to a failing boost valve(it was brand new), put it there just to geat some safety, but it did the opposite.. rod nr.5 did a hole in my 3b block.. 2.5+bar and detonation..

so now i use mechanical boost control on my urq

i dont trust motronic anymore due to problems on my urs4 i had and my s2 coupe who lost an engine. alot of stuff can happen with electronics in 30 years, wires get corroded and ground points corrode, not to mention all sensors and the box itself probably have seen some moisture etc over the years.

going to swap to autronic or NIRA as soon as my race engine is ready(10yrs? with my fat wallet it will take 10yrs)

Comment

Whatever setup you have for boost control - a boost gauge is a must have item to keep an eye on things.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by x6rs View Post
              I blew my engine thanks to a failing boost valve(it was brand new), put it there just to geat some safety, but it did the opposite.. rod nr.5 did a hole in my 3b block.. 2.5+bar and detonation..
              Not the first and probably not the last. The N75 on mine did the same thing back in the day, but no engine damage, fortunately. .
              1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
              1994 80E Avant
              1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

This ladies and gentlemen is why motronic has two limiters, and this is what happens when you disable fuel cut. The same can happen if one of your boost hoses fail. Just shoes poor mapping, on a stock map or proper map this does not happen, and motronic has no fault in this case.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  Whatever setup you have for boost control - a boost gauge is a must have item to keep an eye on things.
                  i had a boost gauge, but on icetrack and entering a corner at 3500-4000rpm when i stepped on the gas the boost went from 0 to 2.5 in half a second, no chance in hell to save that situation. i drove it for an hour before it happened and the boost was set at 1.6 bar and it was steady for an hour of driving until that corner...

Comment

Originally posted by x6rs View Post
                    i had a boost gauge, but on icetrack and entering a corner at 3500-4000rpm when i stepped on the gas the boost went from 0 to 2.5 in half a second, no chance in hell to save that situation. i drove it for an hour before it happened and the boost was set at 1.6 bar and it was steady for an hour of driving until that corner...
                    Yes, and the reason it went to 2.5 bar without fuel cut is because fuel cut was turned off. Really damn easy...
                    If you do that on standalone ecu with fuel cut turned off, exactly the same thing will happen if a boost control hose gets loose. That's why you have fuel cut in the first place.

No one else but yourself or the person who mapped your car to blame on this one.

Comment

Can I - without a boost guage - check that the WG is set at 0,4 bar ? I need a beginners HowTo, please
                      Cheers, Torben
                      '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                        o yessss,i had the same problem as you.

whem i had firts my car i had it with the n75 disabled and the turbo preassure was only 0,4

weeks later,one friend with other S2 avant said me:heyyy you have the n75 desabledd¡¡¡ and whem i conected it my turbo preassure go up to 1bar-1,1 bar and now i have problems with the max turbo loaded whem cross 1 bar.aniway i think this is not the famous limp mode,

why my turbo preassure go up to more than 1 bar with my S2 3B in stock state (only without catalistators) i have not any problems with other preassures example 0,9-0,8-0,7...etc, the aceleration is too pretty in all preassures but not whem cross 1 bar... maybe i need buy a new N75,or change the sensor map preassure for other with 250 or 300kpa...

good bye from spain

I'm feeling stupid reading this post,now 5 years later...
                        First,because.my english
                        Secondly because those stupid questions and theories
                        Third because I had to be happy with my "1bar" and not like I'm or where I now.
                        The things has changed considerably

The problem I had in this old post was spark plug combination from 3 different kinds
                        I had ignition cuts always over 1 bar .I put 5 new factory spark plugs and problems solved

Comment

I started reading this thread just now, until I saw someone mention Corey and realised it must be older than Jesus.
                          1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                          A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

Sorry to revive such an old thread but is there anymore opinions, experience or advances in N75 vs mechanical control since this thread started? I see Automark is still recommending Eboost2 controllers over N75 for a few people. I will be fitting a MD357 soon and have always thought that N75 was the way to go for safety reasons though guys like Djones seem to have been running controller for years with no problems and savage power delivery.

Comment

Removing N75 is for people who do not know how the stock ECU works.

Instead of doing cr*p like that, better fit a standalone ecu right away. I would steer away from any tuner who insists on fitting an mbc to any car equipped with a Motronic ECU whether past or present. It's a HUGE red flag.

Comment

You need to get over to the UK more Dmitri then people wouldn't need to
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X