Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noise over the rear right wheel when engine starts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise over the rear right wheel when engine starts!

Hey folks,

When I start the engine from the S2, a noise appears over the rear right wheel, it is something eletric, but I don´t know what it is! It disappear some seconds later.

It is normal?
    Any one knows what can be????

Reguards,
    Rafael Pinto
    Audi S2 1994/1995 Avant - Black
    Audi RS2 1994/1995 - Black

Rafael, The only thing I can think of is the fuel pump which is in the tank on an S2. The only thing in the odywork which I am aware of is the air pump for the central locking. I have a Clifford alarm which locks the door on the car when the ignition is started,Is it something similar?

Does the car have an alarm? Are the doors locking?

HTH

David

Comment

Yeah, the car has the alarm, but not the locking system when you start the engine!

I thought too that can be the fuel pump, and the noise is strange, is like make bubbles... and seconds later, stops!!!!
      Rafael Pinto
      Audi S2 1994/1995 Avant - Black
      Audi RS2 1994/1995 - Black

Comment

Mine does the same noise. I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump. Doesn't appear to be a problem though just a noise.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Hi,

I currently have a similar noise on the rear right wheel, in my case is like a buzz that only happens when I am driving very, very slowly in first gear or reverse. It was driving me nuts untill somebody pointed out if it always happened or only when fuel tank was low. Now I have seen it only happens when fuel tank is low, so it must be the fuel pump in my case.

Which brings me to the next question. Is the RS2 fuelpump a direct swap on the S2 coupe?
          Does anybody have a spare RS2 fuelpump?
          Or my problem is not the fuelpump? :wacked:

Cheers,
          Rafael
          94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Mine does the same thing. When I start the car there are gurgling noises from the rear. I always presumed it was the fuel pump starting to shift fuel.
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Ditto, mine is the same, i thought it was just the return line when the tank is empty-ish the returnline might suck in a bit of air when you switch the engine off, then once you start it, it is just spitting the air out again??
              hope it is not the pump:confused:
              Graham
              Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Yep, got it too, but more like a soft buzz sound than gurgling and bubbling lol

anyway, fuel pump it is, I wouldn't know where else to look.

I've got the locking doors too at start up (setting on clifford alarm), and I've still got the (!) signal and beeps on start up, heck it's a carnaval mayhem when I start, signals on the dash, beeps, buzzez fron the rear, locking sounds all around me, god I luv this car
                Last edited by *ZenithalRavage*; 5 April 2004, 17:22.
                *ZR* S2 R.I.P.
                Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

Working...
                X