Oil pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pumps

Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the ABY / RS2 oil pump and the AAT / AET diesel oil pump?

If you need pictures of an aby i have one...or two, pumps that is.

Pictures, as many as you like...
    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Couldn't find if this question was answered somewhere besides that
      Originally posted by audiman View Post
      Cambelt is tensioned via the water pump and not separate tensioner, just an observation.
      I mean internal differences ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the ABY / RS2 oil pump and the AAT / AET diesel oil pump?
        You're barking down the wrong rabbit hole The AAN and ABY shared the same oil pump. The RS2 oil pump was the AAR oil pump. Presumably the diesel pumps flowed more oil but I can not confirm that.

Read this: Oil Pump, Temperature Sender, Pressure Relief Valve Info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/93029.phtml

\

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          Last time i checked ABY/ADU are the same and 3b AAT/AET are the same

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

You're barking down the wrong rabbit hole The AAN and ABY shared the same oil pump. The RS2 oil pump was the AAR oil pump.

Read this: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/93029.phtml
            Quote from provided link:
            ''Note: The ADU in the RS2 originally used the 054115105D oil pump from the AAR 10V five cylinder gasoline engine instead of the more common 054115105E that the AAN and ABY use. However, the 054115105D was dropped on Jan.11, 2002 in favour of the AAN/ABY oil pump (the 054115105E)''

So NG/AAR/ABY/ADU/AAN are the same 054115105D/054115105E

Attached Files

Comment

The question I have is are diesel oil pumps ok to use on 3b style cars, eg ok at petrol rpms? They are easier to get hold off....

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Thuppu told me, that internal difference between 3B petrol pump and AAT diesel pump is only in that pressure realese spring, but i cant confirm that .
                Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

probably not a spring but a shim https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...erature-sender

Comment

sailaz u using a diesel oil pump on stroker engine?

Comment

I will be using on a petrol engine (don't really see difference stroker or not) diesel oil pump 034115109.

Pity that some photos got missing from my another stroker engine which I'm running now, can't determine from this photo
                      which oil pump is this ..... (custome plate for tensioning roller)

Attached Files

Comment

sailaz That plate with pulley looks good. How much HP u have on your previous stroker project and how much mileage?

Comment

ya, plate is ok but pulley (tensioning roller) could be positioned more to the right I think, just to match more OEM roller position (don't pay attention to red marking around cam pulley):

Previous stroker is just around 520 HP and 2000 km+ but it is not fully finalized yet ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Probably i will try the AAT oil pump too, because 3B i can buy only oem here...Or any ideas where to buy a 3b oil pump by swag or febi?

Comment

Working...
                            X