2111 Fault Code Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No such luck, got in late today.

Tried firing up and hey presto she started up fine.

Swithched her off and again she refused to start

Tried pulling the codes again and same old code of 2111??

When she started up, I left her running for around 15min before switching off and trying again.

I swore a couple of times, kicked my cat and then kicked my neighbour!

Gave up had a couple of shots of Vodka and have given in to the fact that I won't be making ADI

Comment

Dont worry about the 2221, its a red herring, you will always get that code when the engine is not running (as about 5 other people have told you )

My money is on the ignition switch.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

hy people..

now I have same problem but engine are running fine and work fine, but I can't get over 0.5 bar of boost , and fault code said 2111 problem.

but it's not , because I have check all wires and sensor are replaced. there are no boost leak (I done boost leak test) , something else block boost on 0.5 bar.

it is audi 200 20v 3b stock engine..

please help... thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by rs200 View Post
          hy people..

now I have same problem but engine are running fine and work fine, but I can't get over 0.5 bar of boost , and fault code said 2111 problem.

but it's not , because I have check all wires and sensor are replaced. there are no boost leak (I done boost leak test) , something else block boost on 0.5 bar.

it is audi 200 20v 3b stock engine..

please help... thanks...
          This is not the same problem .

This sounds like your waste gate frequency valve (N75) is dead.

Comment

yes I know that have no sense , but it happened... I have messured the N75 and its OK, could N75 have good resistance (ohm) but not work proppetly ?

thanks...

Comment

yes I know that have no sense , but it happened... I have messured the N75 and its OK, could N75 have good resistance (ohm) but not work proppetly ?

thanks...
              YES.

Comment

hm... now I go to check one more time how much ohm have to be , and it have 32.8 ohm. that is ok...

well did N75 have to "klik" all the time , or only when it is disconected or conected. because when I disconect him they do 1 "klik" , and conect they do another "klik". is that good .. or they have to "kliking" all the time? when engine running at idle..

thanks

Comment

Sounds like it could be OK, but you can not be sure.
                  You could try disconnecting the hose to the waste gate and try driving it to see if the boost goes up , this will let you know if the N75 is dead . If you take the hose off only go WOT until you prove have more than the .5 bar boost that you have now then back off so as not to get over boost . Do not drive at WOT more than you need to .

Comment

well I don't know what mean WOT? sorry , but can you tel me?

and I understand what will happened if I block the lowest pipe on WGFV. the boost will rise in 1. gear to 1bar . but I don't know what I will proof with that? broken N75?

I test it before few days N75 have 3 pipes and 2 of them are passable , and 1 are blocked if you try to blow in them... is that a good sign or not? I thing it is...

and one more thing: when drive the car in 2. or 3. gear and slowly accelerating in one moment between 2000-3500 rpm , car don't accelerate linear.. some strange filling is like , they loose a power , or something like whole ... I don't know how to explain that filling to you...they lose anger on gas pedal..
                    and after 3500 rpm it go much better, and produce 0.5 bar... but that strange filling is not all the time . sometimes is sometimes not... could that help you for ?

filling is like that turbo don't give enough air or fuel are missing...

thanks

Comment

WOT = wide open throttle .
                      If the boost is going up with the pipe removed from the waste gate then it is most likely the N75 dead.
                      It does not prove for certain that the N75 is dead as the ECU could be in limp mode for some other reason and this would only allow low boost, (spring only) .
                      It could be the connector to the mass are flow sensor , try cleaning the connector and disconnect the battery to reset the ECU.

Comment

you wouldn't belive but now I go outside and block this pipe , and do few kilometers...

they want to produce high and quick boost . I get it to 0.8 bar in 2. gear, they want to go further but I stop in last moment... in 1. gear I didn't try...

so what we find out? broken N75?

spring in waste gate is fine... I check them before few days..

tomorow I will replace the N75. than we will find out , but I'm 99.9% sure that this N75 is good..

what other thing can caus that problem? why I have this fak'n 2111 fault code?

Comment

Do you have this code 2111 with the engine running ?
                          It will always show 2111 if engine is stopped.

If you get it with the engine running then the sensor is bad.

Comment

If you have 2111 code when engine is running then this is your problem as the ECU will go in to limp mode .

Comment

ahhhhhaaaaaaaa... no I didn't try it when engine is running... than I don't have problem with sensor because I always try blink code when engine was off .

thanks.. because I know that engine could not start if rpm sensor where bad...

hahahh , than we have only boost problem...

hm... than only maf can cause low boost problem... he is the only thing that I didn't check...

tomorow is a D day, must find the problem...

driftin jo , thanks for help... without you ... I don't know...BIGGGGG THANKS...

Comment

ahhhhhaaaaaaaa... no I didn't try it when engine is running... than I don't have problem with sensor because I always try blink code when engine was off ...
                                D'oh
                                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
                                X