Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, thats right. The early Mk2 golfs suffered expoloding heater matrices, covering the passengers in steam (ouch) It ended up being a recall to have a pressure related valve and matrix bypass fitted between the inlet and outlet. UNfortunately these bypass valves were sh*t too and basically meant that after a couple of years the heater didnt work. The matrix was redesigned and made stronger. So if you replace the matrix in a mk2 you can remove the bypass. Scortchio!!
    Maybe the restrictor was VAG's way of ensuring that they didnt have another recall on there hands by having too high pressure/flow throught the matrix??
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post

Is possible to have the RS2 whater pump puley on the 3B pump?
      Will be nice because i can still use the 3B oil pump and Block.
      Thanks!
      No. You would need a custom pulley because of the offset on the 3B pulley.

ABY water pump on the left, 3B on the right.

I looked into it, as I wouldn't really want to put an ABY/ADU water pump on my 3B.
      SS

Comment

hey guys

just a foto of the 3 different water pumps:

on the left side S2 3B or 7A 20V, in the middle S2 ABY and on the right the RS2 water pump.

as you can see there are some differences...

wolfgang
        S2 Coupe ABY
        S2 Sedan
        S6 20V Avant
        www.audis2.de

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
          No. You would need a custom pulley because of the offset on the 3B pulley.

ABY water pump on the left, 3B on the right.

I looked into it, as I wouldn't really want to put an ABY/ADU water pump on my 3B.
          Great picture that, so for those going stroker with the 3B waterpump you have to use the 3B oil pump as well due to the belt offset it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
            hey guys

just a foto of the 3 different water pumps:

on the left side S2 3B or 7A 20V, in the middle S2 ABY and on the right the RS2 water pump.

as you can see there are some differences...

wolfgang
            my stroker water pump looks identical to the pump on the right of the pic with the 4 holes in it identified as an RS2 pumpwith the number 054 121 019a on the outside ( which I take it is just a generic housing number )

Is this 100% an RS2 water pump? Need to make sure before I order a new one

Comment

did you count the number ot teeth?

Comment

There is no definitive number on the forum about the amount of teeth for the ABY and RS2 pump, I've seen at least 4-5 different values posted.

I counted about 26-27 teeth on the pump

Comment

hi jamo

i´ll take some more photos today. There is afaik no difference concerning the offset i´ll do some photos where you can see it. the pump shown on your picture looks like a oem rs2 pump.

wolfgang
                  S2 Coupe ABY
                  S2 Sedan
                  S6 20V Avant
                  www.audis2.de

Comment

Looks RS2, would make sense to use it as it would give you that extra bit of belt length to play with. Might be worth checking out the diesel pump variations too in case its on of those.
                    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                      Looks RS2, would make sense to use it as it would give you that extra bit of belt length to play with. Might be worth checking out the diesel pump variations too in case its on of those.
                      Nah no chance of that, this is Pisobikers build your talking about the guy is a perfectionist

Comment

Yet again i'm digging up old threads but....

I need this part 034 121 122 when i do my thermostat on the RS2 and an O-ring, why does the RS2 have to differ so much to the S2 ********! What actually does it do?

As you're well aware rubber at this age is almost as useful as a chocolate fire guard

Is it just me or do these cars just get more interesting everyday.

cheers
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X