This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Thats a strange trend the smallet and largest turbo in the 3071 and 3586 are good for the 2.2 but the 3076 & 3082 aren't.

Seems they rate the 3071 quite highly AndyP is quids in
    Good news indeed, I really must find time to get it fitted

I'm not planning on running that much boost at first, to be honest I'll be more than happy with 400bhp/400lb/ft which it should do easily by the sound of it.
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Maybe the power is not too high, but....shoot! The torque and power delivery during the whole rpm line is impressive!!!!!!!! BRAM, are those boost values on absolute pressure?
      - Looking for a S2
      - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
      - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 20vQC View Post
        Maybe the power is not too high, but....shoot! The torque and power delivery during the whole rpm line is impressive!!!!!!!! BRAM, are those boost values on absolute pressure?
        No, these turbo pressures are boost gage pressures, so relative to atmospheric pressure

Comment

Time ago i have 2.5 petrol stroke engine with gtx3076 0.63 tial and its like ... nasty it was 390 kw on dynapack full boost on ~3200

Comment

Have you a power graph? Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
              PKM has tested the following combination's and comes to these conclusions on rs-quattro.de

3071 0,63 very good for 2,2L and 2,5L
              3071 0,82 good for 2,2l and 2,5L
              3076 0,63 adequate for 2,2L good for 2,5L
              3076 0,82 adequate for 2,2L good for 2,5L
              3082 0,63 inadequate for 2,2L satisfactory for 2,5L
              3082 0,82 inadequate for 2,2L satisfactory for 2,5L
              3582 0,82 good for 2,2L good for 2,5L
              3582 1,06 satisfactory for 2,2L and good for 2,5L
              Could a German member find the thread where they did these tests? I'm interested in the graph for 3071 0.82
              sigpic

Comment

I'll just say - 0.63 = surgeorama.

Perhaps the newer style antisurge housings help that.

That and there is massive det on top due to huge backpressure.
                That said, I've made over 440hp on a BONE STOCK 2.2T with just 7A cams and a 0.63AR 3071.

You certainly don't need to sink 10k into the engine to get there.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                  I'll just say - 0.63 = surgeorama.

Perhaps the newer style antisurge housings help that.

That and there is massive det on top due to huge backpressure.
                  That said, I've made over 440hp on a BONE STOCK 2.2T with just 7A cams and a 0.63AR 3071.

You certainly don't need to sink 10k into the engine to get there.
                  AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

I like the 0.63 housings. They are not for running high boost on high rpm nor for high rpm cams either. They are best for mid range and combined to a ported head they can counteract part of the surge you get on the 3071.
                    On my HTA 3076 I had 468hp at 1.5bar at the end of the Rev range which was 6500rpm and close to 490hp with 1.9bar at 6300rpm. I always drop pressure after that as there is no more power created.

The gain of the 0.63 is faster spool on higher gears and driveability. You only get the surge when you are going full throttle from low revs. So for everyday spirited driving they are a delight

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                      Could a German member find the thread where they did these tests? I'm interested in the graph for 3071 0.82
                      There were no graphs or dynos afaik. That was posted as PK´s statement done in a private discussion, so noone knows if it is real. The oldest thread I know it from is here:

http://forum.group44.de/viewtopic.php?p=1264388

But Peter does not speak about peak powers I think. It´s about overall sense of the combination, or may response and lag. GT3071 and 2,5L for example is perfect for daily driving because of very early torque and smooth drivin, not for peak power. Complete senseless to argue that 440hp also can be reached with stock 2,2L. It is the turbo that is limitted- never mind if it is a 2,2L or a 2.5L.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                        Good news indeed, I really must find time to get it fitted

I'm not planning on running that much boost at first, to be honest I'll be more than happy with 400bhp/400lb/ft which it should do easily by the sound of it.
                        Wow, was this really 6 years ago! Anyway I achieved my goal, 405bhp and 425lb/ft
                        sigpic

Comment

All you need now is vems!

Comment

Working...
                          X