Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chipsenter View Post
    Anyway..

Why use a bigger turbo than its really necessary ? a decent RS2 upgrade work stock 315 hp , after a exhaust upgrade, chiptuning, even wg spring (not necessary) u will hit around 350-360 hp that is not a problem for this engine . Call it rod bender whatever , this is just own experience though . Why do all Chiptuners etc sell the product showing 350-370 hp then. Only to bend rods ?? hmm.. It must be a safe way to tune the engine to these figures to sell the product , agree ? ? but ofcourse the accident can happend even under stock figures to .. all engines is unique .

Have a great easter holiday guys

/J
    I completely agree with you on the hp ranges. Also, a good thing to remember is driving. You need to know how to drive it right so you dont just boost full power instantly, thats what will bend rods. If you build boost a bit more gradually you will have no problems. Instant torque is what bends rods.

And with the turbo, like i said, i want to go bigger sometime sooner rather than later. So i am going to get a turbo that will do what i want in the future and just use it a lower hp for now. Save some money in the long run.

Ohhhh, and i scored today! Just found a Holset Hx35 in good condition for 150$!! Im picking it up next weekend

Comment

the holset is already turning and blowing lots of air....

nice responce but still a lot of way to go to get a decent result.90% of the vems settings needed(and still need) changing!At least i have a car to drive back to the UK.

indeed if you fit one, you feel as if you are driving a truck. Not because of the pull, but the way it sounds!

Comment

i currently see 1.4bar on 3d gear @ 4500rpm (roughly) and 4th gear @ 4200rpm. Im still very conservative with boost delivery anyway. @ 1.4bar though its quite fast. Need to to some perfomance box runs

Comment

It's not the torque (at first) that bend rods, it's knocking. For a given torque(cylinder pressure), knocking is more likely to happen at lower revs. A 3B engine is sometimes more prone to knocking because of spark jump inside distributer cap. More so if wrong rotor(wide tip) is used.

Comment

Working...
          X