Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billman View Post
    doesn't M10 mean 10x1,5?
    No M10x1.0 is fine thread like your flywheel bolts brake pipe fittings etc..
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
      Common subject but I need advice:

New built engine (stoker) and with low quality 10-40 oil an now with mobil 1 5w-50 still I get 0.8 bar at idle with warm engine. At 1500 rpm I have 1.8 bar and so on.

Is it common on new engines?
      What should I check?
      Can it be that further use the pressure will rise or is it something else?
      Can it be that the sender is faulty?
      Should I go to thicker oil like 10w-60?

Regards

Vasilis
      Sorry for the stupid ideea.....but...you tryed to change the oil filter and see the result?
      The valve inside the filter can get stuck slightly open and the oil pressure will not be enough.
      Just a thought!
      All the best!
      Eugen

Comment

Mines had 3 oil changes now, 2 with Audi filters and 1 with a Mann. Made no difference, thanks for the suggestion.
        sigpic
        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Mine had 4 filter changes till now all Mann with correct part numbers.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

yesterday.. I sow the same issue on car. very hot engine on idle it have 0.5 bar.. my oil is 10w-40..
            an I have on my car OEM Audi oil filter.

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
              No M10x1.0 is fine thread like your flywheel bolts brake pipe fittings etc..
              Yes, it was M10x1. Got all parts for the tester from our local hydraulic vendor.

Have also some small issues with the oilpressure. With hot engine on idle I get <1,5bar, on 2000rpm's ~2.2bar and max. pressure I get is ~3.5bar. Changed the oil 5W-50 and filter for about 2000km back and with new oil the pressures was ~1,8 and max. 4,5bar.

Before that in the summer I used 10W-60 oil and had a similar oilpressure drop after ~4000km...

Never had full 5bar pressure with hot engine, only on cold starts with new oils. Maybe my issue is result of too great oilflow in turbolines...
              Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              what is the size that the holset oil inlet has? I remember my mechanic mentioning that he had the inlet slightly reduced in size to overcome that problem with oil being low on pressure because of the turbo having large diameter tubes!
              ...or what do you think of this oil inlet? No restrictor.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

what kind of turbo is that?

well my car always get 5 bar when the engine is cold.. than slowly drop on 1bar, but if I give them a little gas, they amediatly jump on 3 bar ,and when I drive the car they where around 2-3bar , and on WOT 4 bar.
                is that ok?

Comment

Originally posted by rs200 View Post
                  what kind of turbo is that?
                  Old and in bad shape T03/04 Garret/Turbonetics Hybrid

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I taught it is CT.. because the midle part (for oil and water) are very simullar..

Comment

It's a Garret middle part and yes, CT uses identical middle parts. Have a CT waiting for installation, need only to change the DP flange. Have also new oil-lines with a restrictor and inline filter, so I hope the oil pressure raise when I change the parts...

Sorry for the OT.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

This is very interesting I don't have these oil pressure issues on my stroker build my hot idle oil pressure flutters between 2-2.2 bar using 10w50 oil.

I wish I could find my order I put into S2avant for which squirters I bought.

Comment

That would be interesting since others with strokers don't comment on this!
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

today i put the washer on the pressure reliev valve and it make a difference of about 0.3 bar at idle. found the oil leak on the crankshaft seal (front). The leaky one came with the new oil pump but it had no spring inside like the Reinz one i installed now.
                            Last edited by Billman; 28 February 2011, 17:42.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

oil squirters in the AAT/AEL diesel engine part number is 069103157D = the same as in A100 MC engine and A200 3b engine,
                              if the oil squirters are the problem here, then should A100/200 also have problems with low oil pressure..
                              I now own: one red and one blue Urquattro 20v-1990, Urquattro A2 rallycar, 90q-85 20vt, S4-94 V8, GT coupe and S8-98

Comment

Originally posted by RallyQuattro View Post
                                oil squirters in the AAT/AEL diesel engine part number is 069103157D = the same as in A100 MC engine and A200 3b engine,
                                if the oil squirters are the problem here, then should A100/200 also have problems with low oil pressure..
                                Not necessarily as the head configuration is different and you may find the engine requires more pressure relief like the diesel does. At the end of the day if you have a pressurised system leaking through a hole the bigger you make the hole the less pressure the system will hold. This is how we used to regulate oil pressure on the YB cossie engines.

Now there is one other thing that could create low oil pressure on a 20v head if using a 3B head but not a distributor. There is an oil channel that the distributor cut out goes through. On the later 20v heads with coil on plug configuration there is a blanking plug pressed into this oilway so it doesn't leak when there is no distributor fitted. This could also be a point of low oil pressure problems too although I've not played with the 3B heads so it is very difficult for me to confirm whether they are also blanked of or left open to feed oil to the distributor. I always seem to end up with 7A ABY AAN ADU heads which are definatelly all plugged.
                                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                                X