oil spray jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil spray jet

What should be used to install oil spray jets?When i had them out for cleaning oil passages they went off very hard.Now at installing they go to easy in their holes.Under their seats(where they rest on the block) there is a rounded hole.Some of them had something like a sealing compound in that chanels.I tried a small o ring but it is not seating very good there.
    I guess it will not be a massive leak if they are not sealed but i want to get things right this time

Thank you

Another question:after a bearing failure did you cleaned the oil cooler and it went nice and clear?Or particles of metal still remain there and can get in the oil?Is the cooler after the oil filter or in front(i'm at home and can not ceck )

Oil Spray Jet Info

My good friend Kate doesn't show any O-rings or the like between the spray jet and the block:

The AAN engine manual pdf does not mention anything about sealing compounds for the oil spray jet install (but note what it says about metal shavings in the oil cooler):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

It says something like "ceck for metal and replace if necesary"That confused me
      Could the oil deposits seat in that groove of spray jet?It had the oil color but broked like a plastic..

Comment

No they juist slide in to the block, i noticed the same thing so gave them a light coat of lock tight.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by RallyQuattro View Post
          A200 3b oil squirts 069103157D = same as diesel engine AAS/AAT/AEL
          S2 3b oil squirts 035103157B = same as ABY,ADU,AAN engine

S2 3b oil pump = 034115105B same in A200 3b and A100 MC and also same in A100 Diesel AAS engine.
          But AAT/AEL diesel have 074115105B oil pump.
          Originally posted by AndyP View Post
          this is a pic of oil squirts TDi vs petrol

I do have 3 sets of squirts from 5cyl engines, in the photo is one from each set, to me they look like from petrol engine .... how to find out and be sure ?
          No any part numbers on them .... by measuring outside diameter of spray jet ? ?

.... and by the way, squirts 035103157B are not only in 5cyl Turbo engines 3B(S2),ABY,ADU,AAN but in 5cyl nonTurbo as well
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sailaz; 30 August 2017, 17:38. Reason: (missing photo reattached)

Comment

photo hosting site free
            Attached Files

Comment

Guys, how u clean used oil jets? Soaked in fuel or alcohol and than blow by compressor? Thanks
              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Yeah i put mine in some de-greaser and diesel fuel. Then blew with compressed air/cleaned with brake cleaner.

Comment

What about pressure test of oil spray jets (squirters) The should open at 1.5 bar (upper picture) is that true? Mine, which i buyed open almost immediately, so now i am little bit confused. I try with a air gun and different measurments of pressure (0,5, 1,0 , 1,5 bar)
                  Last edited by Tom_; 20 February 2018, 15:45.

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

the post from 22nd March has a picture from a site explaining that 2 of the 3 squirters hold no pressure and the other one holds 20psi before opening. 20psi is about 1.5bar.

How accurate is your air line regulator? I know mine does very little and fine control down to 1.5bar is out of the question for me
                      Last edited by steve briance; 20 February 2018, 18:53.

Comment

Tomorrow i borrow second air line regulator, but i dont think so, that regulaor is 1 bar out of accurate i try almost no pressure and still flows...I read it, but i dont know why some squirts are on pressure and other no pressure limitation to open.

Comment

Working...
                        X