No announcement yet.

Oil Pressure issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you have the same head in Audi 200 3b that you have in Audi S2 3b and both have distributor.

A200 3b oil squirts 069103157D = same as diesel engine AAS/AAT/AEL
    S2 3b oil squirts 035103157B = same as ABY,ADU,AAN engine

S2 3b oil pump = 034115105B same in A200 3b and A100 MC and also same in A100 Diesel AAS engine.
    But AAT/AEL diesel have 074115105B oil pump.
    I now own: one red and one blue Urquattro 20v-1990, Urquattro A2 rallycar, 90q-85 20vt, S4-94 V8, GT coupe and S8-98

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
      Not necessarily as the head configuration is different and you may find the engine requires more pressure relief like the diesel does. At the end of the day if you have a pressurised system leaking through a hole the bigger you make the hole the less pressure the system will hold. This is how we used to regulate oil pressure on the YB cossie engines.

Now there is one other thing that could create low oil pressure on a 20v head if using a 3B head but not a distributor. There is an oil channel that the distributor cut out goes through. On the later 20v heads with coil on plug configuration there is a blanking plug pressed into this oilway so it doesn't leak when there is no distributor fitted. This could also be a point of low oil pressure problems too although I've not played with the 3B heads so it is very difficult for me to confirm whether they are also blanked of or left open to feed oil to the distributor. I always seem to end up with 7A ABY AAN ADU heads which are definatelly all plugged.
      Interesting that, I'm using an ADU head

Also this http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...39&postcount=5

Has the dowel been placed in point 3?

Comment

yes, i plugged that hole! I am going to check if i have pictures of the 7A head i am using.

7A engine also has a distributor.... can someone post close up pictures of this area?

i found this also on m/geek off a 3B

I also recall seeing in the middle of the ADU head under the inlet cam some sort of a black plug or valve that I don't recall seeing that in the 7A head. I am gonna try and make pictures in the weekend.
        Last edited by Billman; 3 March 2011, 18:32.
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

That black plug is just a simple hole specifically sized to bleed of pressure in the head. The blanking plug I'm referring to is the one in the oil channel. If you go to where the dizzy sits.you will see an oil channel with the shape of the dizzy base cut through it. Get some welding wire and feed it into the groove into the oilway hole towards the cam pulley. You should hit a dead end before you get the first lifter gallery. If you can feed the wire in all the way to the end then there is no blanking.plug in there.
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Very interesting JP, but how come so many people with modded 7a heads didn't mentioned or noticed low oil pressure?

I will check the adu and the spare 7a head I have. If the squirters don't cure the issue I am going to take it off and plug it with a screw.
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

As I mentioned in the previous post all the 7A heads I've come across have been plugged. Now I know they are dizzy driven so there appears to be no difference to the later coil on plug engines. Like I said never actually had a 3B head in my hands so can only pose the question with regards to them, hence the question as opposed to the statement.
              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

I am having issues with oil pressure also. I have a 91 CQ with a 3b head, a turbonetics turbo. The problem with mine is its good to run around the city, here and there, 4-5 bar, but when you drive it on the highway, around 85mph for 30 minutes or so oil pressure starts to drop slowly until the buzzer goes off. Had a mechanical gauge on it, and it reads the same as the gauge in the car does. Changed the oil (20-50) and filter (Mann) a couple of times and made no difference. I will have to check if there is a restrictor for the turbo oil inlet line. Just bought the car about six months ago and trying to figure it out. Sorry for butting in. I though it was appropriate. Any help would sure be appreciated. Going to pull the oil filter off and cut it open this weekend to check for metal and rubber pieces. The bottom end is a 7a but shouldn't matter? Had a generic white oil pressure switch on it (white one) so I put a know to be working 3b one on. Didn't change gauge readings. Any suggestions.....

Comment

Nothing....

Comment

Maybe your oil pump is not good anymore and when the oil is getting warm it simply can't provide the necessary pressure.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Possible. Just can't figure it out and want to see what people thought. Is there a way to test the oil pump? I guess having a gauge on it around town and it doesn't drop, only on the highway after it heats up, is a way of testing it. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

What oil temp do you get around town and what in the highway?
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Not sure on temp, but will check in the next couple of days.

Comment

Got my new oil squirters fitted today, this is a pic of TDi vd petrol

As you can see , quite a difference, I'll finish putting it back together tomorrow and report any difference.
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Well it worked, thank god! These are the before and after figures at 90°C oil temp

Idle 1.0-1.5bar
                              1000rpm 1.2-1.75bar
                              1500rpm 2.0-2.75bar
                              2000rpm 3.0-4.0bar
                              2500rpm 3.5-4.0bar
                              3000rpm 3.75-4.0bar
                              3500rpm 4.0-4.2bar
                              4000rpm 4.0-4.2bar
                              4500rpm 4.0-4.5bar

Not job I'd want to repeat in a hurry, just glad it's done now.

@Billman, have you started yours yet?
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Today i extended the metal part of the timing belt cover, got averything put toghether and then it started raining so probably tomorrow....glad it worked out for you!

One step closer to perfection :-p
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X