1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by montez View Post
        Thought this may be of help

RED X of DEATH
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

anyone with a 3b got a photo of where these lines go and what is the black one way valve which runs on a hardline round the back of the battery then dips into the wing.

definately got the one to the TBV sorted, its the other two i'm not so sure about.

The FPR va line has a T in it but not sure if that one goes to the back of the IM and then the other end of the T down the the small guage semi rigid vac pip coming up from under the batter tray or not. anyone confirm?

Cheers
          David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ac equipped cars have a 1way valve so that it keeps the front vacuum reservoir empty - used only for function of recirc flap. There is another pipe that goes to rear of car via another 1way into vac reservoir for dufflock

On ABY the hoses are Color coded - red plastic to the rear, think it is black to the front with a green one to the ecu via the obligatory moisture trap. Hey - I can show you over the weekend !!!!!!
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

yeah thats true...i mean the car is running so its only a minor niggle but just want to be sure they are plumed in the 'correct' way Yep the car doeshave a/c, who knows it might even work again tomorrow so that might explain the additional one way and hardline.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

The black line that goes round the back of the battery and dips into the wing goes to the front vac res.
                Last edited by newsh; 6 June 2011, 23:12.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

ah ok - thanks for the clarification John. sooo, which lines are connecting to that valve and is it a single/direct connection off the IM connection or a T'd one.
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

David, the vacuum hose that runs down the side of the battery tray and disappears inside the car is the ECU vacuum hose. I had mine connected by a length of vacuum hose running from the middle outlet off the IM with a 'T' piece which was connected to the FPR and the rigid ECU hose. The ECU is actually green but it can be very difficult to see as they get so dirty with age.

There are some dark green rigid hoses that run around the back of the battery and into the wing but I'm fairly certain these were linked to the carbon canister?

Comment

lol just edited due to confusion I've removed my carbon can now so exactly sure. There should be a little black and yellow valve with a T off it to do the larger pipe, and a small T in the FPR line I think, sorry , not really helping.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

from memory there is another semi rigid line which comes up fromabove the steering rack - any ideas what that one was supposed to suppy?
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

David, is thread of any use? http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49074

Comment

yep very - thanks!
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Just to put everything in one place...

S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X