Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the following be a boost leak?

Hi,

Well i can get 1.4 bar of boost on my car, i think this is normal for my hohenester tuned S2. However, it starts to drop a little bit later and stay on 1.0-1.1 bar. Could this be a boost leak or simple something that hohenester programmed?

Well wrote this to hohenester:
    Hi Honester
    I have an 1992 Audi S2 (black) which has been tuned by your garage at 12.08.2000 Nr. 001230 KD-Nr: 2249. The car has 310bhp and boosts at 1,3 bar.
    I have a question, is correct that when the car reaches 5000 RPM with full boost, the boost start to fall and redlines with 1.0 bar instead of redlining with full boost 1.3 bar?
    If this is not correct, can you tell what the problem could be? The car is runing fine anyways.
    Best Regards
    Jonas Rohde

Got this anser:
    Hello Mr. Rohde,

the questions are:

1. What is in the Computer wrong (Diagnose)?
    2. Is the Pressursystem o.k?
    3. Is the westgate ok and the Pip on the way?

I have no dianoses, however i guess the pressure system could be off.

/JOnas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Jonas,

Sims ok to me ... in fact S2 with homefries usualy has a peak of 1.4 and that starts to fall its pretty normal. If you are running on stock turbo, i´m afraid that is impossible for our car to have 310 hp ... stock turbo well tuned delivers max output 280 hp ...

look for there are a lot of explanation about this on the forum.

regards eduardo
    S2 Limo sold !!!
    M5 E34 with some mods in the garage
    sorry, but much happeir now !

Comment

Originally posted by S2sedan
      Jonas,

Sims ok to me ... in fact S2 with homefries usualy has a peak of 1.4 and that starts to fall its pretty normal. If you are running on stock turbo, i´m afraid that is impossible for our car to have 310 hp ... stock turbo well tuned delivers max output 280 hp ...

look for there are a lot of explanation about this on the forum.

regards eduardo
      No running on hohenester sport turbo and EM.

/Jonas R.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

You will always have boost reduced at redline unless you have a VERY strong bottom on your engines - Carillo rods, race spec pistons etc

I dunno what the tuning firm has programmed your boost to be like - it also depends on the efficiency of the turbo at the redline because it may be unable to cope with the demand and cause high air temperatures - leading to power loss & knock etc etc

What is a "Hohenester Sport Turbo" ?

You might have a leak - get it pressure tested if Hohenester cannot tell you the programmed boost levels !

paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
          You will always have boost reduced at redline unless you have a VERY strong bottom on your engines - Carillo rods, race spec pistons etc

I dunno what the tuning firm has programmed your boost to be like - it also depends on the efficiency of the turbo at the redline because it may be unable to cope with the demand and cause high air temperatures - leading to power loss & knock etc etc

What is a "Hohenester Sport Turbo" ?

You might have a leak - get it pressure tested if Hohenester cannot tell you the programmed boost levels !

paul
          Hi Paul,

Well wrote a letter in german to hohenester about boost levels an so on. Well hohenester sport, have their own turbo and manifold for an s2. It is part of there 310 BHP kit. Can really tell you more since i dont know anything else. Well will wait till i get the 3b samco hose set, and then check out the rest of the hoses that are not changed to samco.

Well it boost fine up till 1.3-1.4 bar, but as i said, starts to drop around 5000 rpm. Well guess i will wait on the samco and the letter from hohenester. Cuz it drives oki

/Jonas R.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Hohenester 310-315 set uses a K26 based turbo.

And Jonas, boost is reduced in high rpm just to avoid over spinning the turbo. It's the turbo's characteristics that force these things happen. It's just too small for high boost at high rpm.

Stock K24 can make around 1.6 bar at 3000 and then it just drops to around 1.1 when reaching over 5krpm. Completely normal.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
              Hohenester 310-315 set uses a K26 based turbo.

And Jonas, boost is reduced in high rpm just to avoid over spinning the turbo. It's the turbo's characteristics that force these things happen. It's just too small for high boost at high rpm.

Stock K24 can make around 1.6 bar at 3000 and then it just drops to around 1.1 when reaching over 5krpm. Completely normal.
              Oki fine

Glad to here that, cuz then i dont have to lie awake a night worrying about boost leak.

/Jonas R.
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Working...
              X