• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even an RS2 pump?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

So anyone got any real life fitted and corectly set up RR figures for this upgrade
      1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
      2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
      2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

I can confirm that the spool is lightning fast with the billet wheel but did not follow this setup through to a properly setup and mapped conclusion.

Richard has a few of these turbos out and about, so he's the best person to comment... but isn't that regular a visitor on here.
        Last edited by Rusty; 21 December 2011, 11:33.
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Does Newsh's avant not have one fitted?
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

And what about a k24 7400 volvo hybrid for John?
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Thanks for all the replies

I've read the thread on the Volvo K24-7400 as well with interest but i think the RS2 or an RS2 hybrid is the way to go not least of which for the reason it is PnP. The only negative is the cost

My lack of engineering / flow dynamics knowledge will show here but in theory the Wagner EM will flow the exhaust gases better than stock aided by the more modern cats, so the turbo will spool faster than stock and remove some its famed lag.????

I have 5 new (yes new) RS2 injectors (they are now not made by Bosch any more and i have found that there are only small stock holdings left) and that removes the possiblity of using a K26/27 but i could leave room for further upgrades by adding the 044: views?

The chip I have came with the car and claims to add a further 45bhp to stock ABY. It certainly pulls well low down with serious torque from 2,200.

Is there anything else i an do to help keep the torque low down similar to the S2?

Cheers,

JB
              2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
              1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Hi John, might be best to start your own project or question thread so as to leave this one on the topic of the small hybrid and make sure that you get the information you require
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I'm running a Hoffer RS2 Hybrid on my 3b flowing 440cc Injectors & 3" Exhaust.

An upgrade well worth having totally different car altogether, only down side is my standard clutch can't handle the torque.

Comment

And who mapped your 3B?

Comment

The 7200 hybrid might be worth another thread too, as Lloyd and a few others have run this with some impressive numbers.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                        And who mapped your 3B?
                        4 BAR Sensor fitted and ChipSet done by Hoffer. Pic of the Hybrid Turbo before and after, great job !
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ian4455; 23 December 2011, 18:27.

Comment

looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by ian4455 View Post
                            4 BAR Sensor fitted and ChipSet done by Hoffer. Pic of the Hybrid Turbo before and after, great job !
                            okey, I'd like a dyno plot and some AFR/EGT numbers really cause I got the same turbo and a 3B engine aswell. Or would have to go to ABY/AAN setup so that prj can map it...

Comment

They generic 3b chips? Not many 3b live mappers left

Comment

I can do it, I just choose not to.
                                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                                X