• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      They generic 3b chips? Not many 3b live mappers left
      I understood Hoffer had a few 3b-rs2 and aby-rs2 generic chips, so I presume it is one of those.

MRC and Automark live map, anybody else in the uk?
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Chipswizard & Viper probably a few others. I no longer really follow though

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
          I understood Hoffer had a few 3b-rs2 and aby-rs2 generic chips, so I presume it is one of those.

MRC and Automark live map, anybody else in the uk?
          PRJ makes trips over here to map where there's a few cars to do.

I've had 400-450hp cars mapped by all of the above here in the UK.
          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
            PRJ makes trips over here to map where there's a few cars to do.

I've had 400-450hp cars mapped by all of the above here in the UK.
            Doesn't map 3b though.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
              Doesn't map 3b though.
              Hmmm... being lazy I bet... in that case MRC is where I'd put my money... Mihnea complained like mad when I took a tuned 3B to him but it went very well with a GT3071R after he'd finished with it.
              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

MRC don't map 3B anymore AFAIK, it's not being lazy the 3B is harder to map than the ABY

Comment

they did 220bhp's earlier in the year.

Comment

Could have been because of that emulator issue then or did he have a generic map?

Comment

Custom full map rs2 spec.

Comment

That's an easy map

Comment

So is the 3b software more awkward to work with? Or is it a hardware issue?

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Once again...
                            The software is exactly the same like in AAN/ABY, just a bit older so some advanced features are not available.

Mapping it is almost exactly the same, algorithms are mostly the same...
                            I just don't want to map it because I have to spend time and add fast datalogging, launch control etc to the 3B ecu, when there are very few 3B ecu's that need mapping.

It is really a question of putting in the time and testing, rather than whether it can be done or not...

Regardless of what anyone says - it is in no way more complicated to map 3B than ABY/AAN.
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                              Once again...
                              The software is exactly the same like in AAN/ABY, just a bit older so some advanced features are not available.

Mapping it is almost exactly the same, algorithms are mostly the same...
                              I just don't want to map it because I have to spend time and add fast datalogging, launch control etc to the 3B ecu, when there are very few 3B ecu's that need mapping.

It is really a question of putting in the time and testing, rather than whether it can be done or not...

Regardless of what anyone says - it is in no way more complicated to map 3B than ABY/AAN.
                              Cool, I understand your point of view as you have explained before, no point spending hours of your life preparing the tools to map a couple of cars, if that.

I was just curious in relation to the other comments in the thread.

Sold ABY-stock

Comment

yeah it's not that I can't understand it, but I'm almost forced to buy ABY/AAN stuff this way

Comment

Working...
                                X