chiped 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chiped 3d

any comments about this curve? does it look normal to you guys?

sla s2
    Attached Files
    sla
    '91 s2 3b, 305hp, 480 nm.
    www.4plius.com

i have to add turbo is stock.

s
    sla
    www.4plius.com

Comment

Seems normal and OK. My top torque was a bit lower. Quite precisely on the 3000rpm mark.

BUT I have a ported head. Dunno if that would make such a difference.
      -

Comment

seems like i need a bigger turbo or boost controller first

s
        sla
        www.4plius.com

Comment

Sla, what chip is this? There is too much boost/torque at low revs, which prevents the engine from making full power after 4700 RPM. This comes from pinging because of too much boost at low RPM, although 470Nm sounds nice. But, 470Nm is TOO MUCH TORQUE for a standard engine!!!!

HTH,

Mihnea
          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
          info@MRCTuning.com
          Workshop Directions

Comment

How much boost? Mine was peaking 27lbs on the stock turbo at one point and it was really good fun, It really boosts up fast doesn't it, and kicks the car down the road, I was told the turbo would blow though, you could hear it overspinning...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah it would slip a brand new clutch too

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

mihnea, it is digitech chip, peak boost is 1.5 bar and it drops to 1 bar.

sla
                sla
                www.4plius.com

Comment

that is why i got ceramic clutchnet clutc up to 400hp

sla
                  sla
                  www.4plius.com

Comment

Sla, could you provide more information on the clutch you have? Mine is slipping from 4K in 4th and 5th gear. I need something stronger to cope with the torque. However, my car is used every day in town traffic, so I need something that will last and isn't on and off.

Cheers,
                    Steve
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Steve, try Sachs Race Engineering pressure plate with standard disc. The pedal will be heavier to use, but should cope with over 500Nm.
                      -

Comment

steveh, yesterday was the first day i drove the car with this clutch, but it feels good. i got (http://www.clutchnet.com/make/prodDesc.html#6bEZ) Racing 6 Button "E-Z LOCK PRO" â„¢ Sprung Hub installed. the pedal feels quiet light and it grips

sla
                        sla
                        www.4plius.com

Comment

Sla, the digitech chip is an ebay chip, thanks but no thanks, I've seen it loads of time already. You have no knock sensors in there, so watch out for pinging on bad gas quality.

Mihnea
                          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                          info@MRCTuning.com
                          Workshop Directions

Comment

no, it is not an ebay chip. just checked the fuel mixture with wide band, it could be leaner...

sla
                            sla
                            www.4plius.com

Comment

Sla, the only reason why your mixture isn't leaner is because the ECU is detecting pinging from too high timing advance, retarding all the way and dumping more fuel inside the combustion chambers to keep the engine from knocking.

DigiTec chips don't come from Ebay, but chips sold on Ebay are the digitec ones. Digitec stole this software from MTM who initially developped it in 1991 for the DTC series S2s that were running big turbos, lower CR, different intake manifolds and intercoolers and bigger injectors. The base fuel mixture is too lean at WOT and it's only because of pinging that it's rich enough...

HTH,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                              info@MRCTuning.com
                              Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
                              X