500hp turbos- part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snp10 View Post
    It was only a point of view for big turbo and good performance.
    Offtopic -I asked some guys that partcipate at rallys with subaru and they agree that with ALS you can destroy the turbo but not so fast. I am thinking that if we construct 500 hp engine we don't race in traffic. For this there is tracks.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

You must tell me when is your birthay to send you a present

I build a project 500 + hp and I will use a garrett gt3076 because i must say that I am a Garrett fan. For what I have seen here, a cheapper solution for best performance is holset hx35 super. But for what I know is a compromise for the response. It depend s of the hot side. A simply hx35 is very laggy. But holset is half a price.

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
        ...HX35 since the turbo is the best bang for the bucks though it slightly spools up later but she's still acceptable for driving in town...
        But especially for that drivin around in town, a really quick spool is necessary. And altough those Holsets are undoubted in "best bang for buck", the most imortant thing herefore is exactly what they may have as their weak point.

I am thinking that if we construct 500 hp engine we don't race in traffic. For this there is tracks.
        Nope

You must tell me when is your birthay to send you a present

I build a project 500 + hp and I will use a garrett gt3076 because i must say that I am a Garrett fan. For what I have seen here, a cheapper solution for best performance is holset hx35 super. But for what I know is a compromise for the response. It depend s of the hot side. A simply hx35 is very laggy. But holset is half a price.
        Especially when you say 500 plus!, I would doubt that the GT3076 is enough. Maybe, on a well done head, good cams etc it will do the 500, but I doubt the "plus" here :-) I would prefer the GTX3071; can do bit more power, similar or even little less lag. That Holset discussion is difficult :-) readers of the old thread know why :-) some swear on it, they will have reason. Would be very interesting, to have a direct comparison.

But if you are garrett fan- there is one hint: Buy it- and then let it balance again, before using it.

Comment

I drove s2 with garett gt3076 with 520 hp at 2.2 bar pressure. The car was measured on 2 dynos. Also forum memeber Rocco had gt3076 with 500+ hp.
          With a completly rebuilt engine, head and 7A cams I belive that can do over 500 hp with gt3076. With WMI kit even more .Full boost at 4000 rpm and a quick response.Also Gtx3071 is a good ideea.

Comment

I drove s2 with garett gt3076 with 520 hp at 2.2 bar pressure. The car was measured on 2 dynos. Also forum memeber Rocco had gt3076 with 500+ hp.
            With a completly rebuilt engine, head and 7A cams I belive that can do over 500 hp with gt3076. With WMI kit even more .Full boost at 4000 rpm and a quick response.Also Gtx3071 is a good ideea.

I agree

And I remind you that I had a 2.2 engine,heavily modified with 98 octanes, 2,2 bar peak boost and 1,8bar at 7500rpm and Dmitry calculated between 570/580hp with a normal gt3076 .82ar ...

4200rpm full boost @ 2,2bar in third gear
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

you will never get a old style 20vt il5 to breathe as well as a new engine, its the engine thats holding up the turbo

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                you will never get a old style 20vt il5 to breathe as well as a new engine, its the engine thats holding up the turbo

Agree. But we talk here about completly rebuilt engines, new rods, new pistons and rings, rebuilt head with 7A cams , etc. So 500 hp with all this , will be posible.

Comment

I've have used a Precision 5557bb, and got 388whp/550nm on a DynaPack, with 7a cams and a Wagner manifold. The car was very nice to drive and the spool came fast.. Before that I used a Turbonetics E50 super with kkk 8# housing. Dont know what kind of horsepower it did, but the car was very nice and hold about 2bar to redline. I think out of what I read from others it did about 500hp.. This was a great turbo.

Now I got a Precision 5866, and it gave 476whp in dyno, but becuse of high backpressure I run with a little less boost until i get to change my manifold. I think that was about max for the Wagner rs2 manifold? The turbo spool a little later, but is still fun to drive and it goes like a bullet

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                    Dmitry calculated between 570/580hp with a normal gt3076 .82ar
                    Quoted directly from the first "turbochargers for 500hp"-thread:
                    Originally posted by Prj
                    Wishful thinking, the GT30 turbine maxes out at around 500hp.
                    I do not want to comment what other people say, or have said, or are quoted to have said. In just MY opinion, a gt3076 is good for maximum around 500 hp. Needing a motor in good condition, well mapped, and with a upgraded periphery. Tuned in reliable and secure limits, without exotics like WMI, E85, NOS or a little hampster on dope running in the comp wheel.

RS2 turbo is maxed out at 360-370 hp. I can't explain, why the gt30, that is able to flow only ~30% more, should get 60% more hp.

Comment

Read here Quattronaut
                      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=47037&page=17

Maybe because was done in winter time and near 0 degrees outside?

98 octanes

That was the fastest and most dangerous car I've been inside
                      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Using E85 is perfectly normal fuel in countries who has it available. I wouldn't consider it as "dope" like NOS.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                          Read here Quattronaut
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=47037&page=17

Maybe because was done in winter time and near 0 degrees outside?

98 octanes

That was the fastest and most dangerous car I've been inside

That engine was a special one

Comment

TJ:what's the gain on adding up the billet wheel on the turbo?i have read from many forums but never see any definitive results on it.let's say i have 2871 with kkk housing.i recently added the 11 blades billet wheel with extended tips from 71mm exducer to 73.84mm.i have been running a log and found the turbo spools up slightly earlier with old map.
                            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Most gain of the billet wheel would be psychological, it sure looks good.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X