Anyone tried a different n75 valve on there cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried a different n75 valve on there cars

Has anyone tried a different n75 valve on there car .Such as the 225 tt one.
    034906282j seems to be getting more, and more expensive.

I have a K variant on mine
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have this one:
      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ght=heavy+duty

Comment

Just put a new K on mine from German Auto Spares. Apparently I hadn't been getting full power since I bought the car as it's now faster than a scouser with your stereo. Now though it's developed cold weather idle problems and fuel cuts on acceleration

Am I right in assuming the only difference between the J and K valves is the positioning of the plug?
        Jake

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

N75 WGFV info and review of N75 options

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
          Has anyone tried a different n75 valve on there car .Such as the 225 tt one. 034906282j seems to be getting more, and more expensive.
          The three factory UrS (S2, UrS4/S6 and RS2) options were:

034 906 283 J = stock 3B (in 200 20v and S2)
          034 906 283 H = stock AAN (UrS4 and UrS6)
          034 906 283 K = S2 ABY and RS2 ADU

I am running a 283K on my completely RS2'd AAN but I am thinking of going back to the 283H (seemed smoother)

Here is a link to an article about some of the N75 variants:
          http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/49283.phtml

Which came from:
          http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20987.phtml

Which was accessed from the link below by clicking on the N75 label:
          http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html

034 sells the 283H for US$225 as a "race" N75:
          http://store.034motorsport.com/catal.../result/?q=n75

which is funny because one of the Audi dealers who sells on line has it for US$156 off a US$210 list.

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/in...&siteid=214407

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

i fitted a J valve to my s6 (aan) instead of the hideously expensive H valve without any issues - it runs really well . . .

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

The 1.8t ones are plumbed the opposite way round you cannot get the wiring plug on.

Comment

Yes, don't scratch/cut wiring. Car will cost 100gbp less.
                5vtq gte

Comment

as a rule of thumb, all of 20v n75's are considered being good, the only difference between is how aggressive they are

Comment

By the time the ecu adapts on the agressive ones as I know. Most of the improvement people get from changing to the "race" or "more agressive"or "faster" ones ist just from changing the 10 year old one to an new one I tried several ones from new to new; nearly no difference. And that little difference I noticed in some cases was gone a few km later, when ecu adapted.

Comment

i have replaced my n75 valve this week (034906283h) and kost 129 euro here in belgium
                      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                      AEM W/M injection

Comment

is there any way to test them? apply 12v and see if the airflow changes accordingly to diagram?

Comment

With the right frequency?

1.8T can do output test with vag-com/vcds. Don't know about dinosaur ecu's...
                          5vtq gte

Comment

Conducting an Output test with a paper clip

Originally posted by Val View Post
                            1.8T can do output test with vag-com/vcds. Don't know about dinosaur ecu's...
                            UrS Motronics are smarter than you give them credit for. You can do output tests with them via VAG-Com/VCDS or, if you are without that, with a paper clip. Yes, a paper clip:

"UrS4/S6 with AAN 5 cylinder 20V Turbo Engine (OR and ABY or ADU and probably 3B)

There is also an "output test" mode that will cycle the engine electrical solenoids on and off to verify they are working correctly. You are able to test the 5 Fuel Injectors Idle Stabilizer Valve (ISV) Carbon Canister Solenoid Valve Waste Gate Solenoid (waste gate frequency valve)

To activate the Output Tests, you must first connect the Jumper Wire across the Fault Code Connectors as shown in the diagram and THEN turn on the ignition to initiate the output tests. (DON'T START THE ENGINE) After the ignition is turned on, remove the jumper wire after at least 4 seconds.

•FUEL INJECTOR TESTS: After you have removed the jumper wire, you can place your fingers down on fuel injector #1 and then open and close the throttle with your other hand. You should hear and feel #1 Injector click 5 times and then be quiet, place your fingers on Injector #2 and again open and close the throttle, Injector #2 should click 5 times, place your fingers on Injector #4 and open and close the throttle, Injector #4 should click 5 times, repeat for Injectors #5, then Injector #3

•After doing the last injector test on #3 the Output test will switch to testing the IDLE STABILIZER VALVE (ISV). You should hear this Idle Stabilizer Valve clunk open and closed..

•Connect the jumper wire again for 4 seconds to go to the next output test:

•The blue Carbon Canister valve behind the idle stabilizer valve (behind throttle area) will be cycled on and off. You may want to place your hand around the carbon canister valve to feel it operate.

•Connect the jumper wire again for 4 seconds

•The Waste Gate Solenoid on the intake boot near the turbo inlet will be cycled on and off. This valve operation is pretty loud, so you should be able to hear it operate.

•Connect the jumper wire again for 4 seconds.

•End of Output Test Procedure, fault code memory has been cleared.

•NOTE: To repeat the Output tests, the ignition should be turned off for at least 20 seconds. If Output tests are repeated, the INJECTORS will NOT be cycled again, unless the engine is started and run briefly. "

Reference: http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...20v.html#outs4
                            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

For electric test; Plug out, resistance has to be between 25 and 35 ohm.

Comment

Working...
                              X