• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost pressure

Guys wat boost pressure should I b seeing on aby s2 standard on wot ,
    My boost clock is psi, many thanks.

i believe it is around 18psi
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by paulmac View Post
      Guys wat boost pressure should I b seeing on aby s2 standard on wot , My boost clock is psi, many thanks.
      2.2 Bar Absolute during the 15 seconds of overboost that the ECU provides for extra oomph during overtaking/passing maneuvers. 2.2 Bar Absolute is about 17.2 psig.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Well I guess 10 psi means I have problems

Comment

Is there a step by step best procedure best suited to aby to check for leaks, also wat pressure should I be putting in2 system also wat hoses do I need to block off,
          Many thanks in advance.

Comment

S2 3B and ABY and RS2 ADU Boost Leak Testing

Is there a step by step best procedure best suited to aby to check for leaks, also wat pressure should I be putting in2 system also wat hoses do I need to block off, Many thanks in advance.
            Most of what you are looking for is contained in this post:

S2 3B and ABY and RS2 ADU Boost Leak Testing:
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t+leak+testing

Comment

Are you both measuring with atmospheric pressure?

Comment

im useing aftermarket gauge in dash vent which is in psi

Comment

2.2 bar absolute is 17.4 psi gauge. This is over boost and the ecu will pull it back to 13 to 14 psi gauge after a few seconds 9r if the ecu isn't wanting over boost.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kinaputt View Post
                    Are you both measuring with atmospheric pressure?
                    im using aftermarket gauge in dash vent which is in psi
                    Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    2.2 Bar Absolute during the 15 seconds of overboost that the ECU provides for extra oomph during overtaking/passing maneuvers. 2.2 Bar Absolute is about 17.2 psig.
                    And when I said 17.2 psig, the g= gauge = relative pressure, not absolute.

Comment

If you are using a generic boost gauge I think it should read between 0.9 and 1.1 bar depending on set up

Comment

Sorry what is the difference in gauges mine is just aftermarket 52 mm type most likely got on ebay ,came with the car.

Car is not coming on boost according to my gauge 9psi on wot, have started to look for leaks and think I found 1 at Pcv valve so far, car runs good no misfires or anything just no get up and go , which brings me to my next problem
                        No communication have tried hand scanners vag com same result so was thinking of
                        Wiring in a obd port to c if that will get me in turned up plenty of threads on the subject but can't find one on what wires get connected from obd to loom, where and how?,
                        Hopefully if I get that sorted I will c what fault codes are stored.

Comment

UrS C4, 200 20VT (3B) and S2/RS2 OBD1 Fault Code access port locations and info

[QUOTE=paulmac;910011No communication have tried hand scanners vag com same result so was thinking of Wiring in a obd port to c if that will get me in turned up plenty of threads on the subject but can't find one on what wires get connected from obd to loom, where and how?,Hopefully if I get that sorted I will c what fault codes are stored.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I think most of what you need is in this post:

UrS C4, 200 20VT (3B) and S2/RS2 OBD1 Fault Code access port locations and info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/90409.phtml

Comment

Boost pressure

Disconnect MFTS (large sensor under water rail) and see if boost comes back

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes I have seen this thread ,very useful so is tapping in nearest the ecu my best option on aby.

Comment

Working...
                              X