No announcement yet.

Finally: Bluetooth diagnostics/logging for the B4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also ordered one as I think it's a good idea to have it in the car. Does not require a laptop

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Ordered a PRO dongle for the woman's mk6 Golf TDI.

Booted up quick, connected to my phone via Bluetooth quickly, but the diagnostic scan got stuck in a loop. Wouldn't even cancel, it just held in stasis so I quit the app.

Will try again when I'm not so busy but the interface is nice and it's much more handy to use the phone instead of a netbook.

If it doesn't seem to work for me I'll try a Ross-Tech HEX-NET instead.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Have just ordered the 'normal' version for me, based on a response from a support request I made. Went something like this:

Me:

'Will this work on a '91 7A engined Audi Coupe?
          Be great if an enhanced compatibility list was created, as the moment it is not clear for older vehicles which will work'

Them (just 5 minutes later!):
          'Hello, theoretically it must work, but we do not have a chance to test it on a real car'

Me:

'OK thanks! Do you think it will work for realtime data? Thanks for coming back so fast!'

Them:
          'Yes it must work'

Me:
          'Excellent, will go purchase'

Them:
          'Great '

So for a first experience, that was very, very good, lets hope the sales speak carries through to capability, will be very pleased to see running figures for my old 7A, will help no end I am sure!

I purchased the non-pro model as it is more likely to be an occasional use thing, and if I earn credits, I can use the real time stuff, from what I read If not, then I will just upgrade for another £20.

Will feedback once it arrives, hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
            Ordered a PRO dongle for the woman's mk6 Golf TDI.

Booted up quick, connected to my phone via Bluetooth quickly, but the diagnostic scan got stuck in a loop. Wouldn't even cancel, it just held in stasis so I quit the app.

Will try again when I'm not so busy but the interface is nice and it's much more handy to use the phone instead of a netbook.

If it doesn't seem to work for me I'll try a Ross-Tech HEX-NET instead.
            Make sure that you have a good internet connection on the phone when doing the scan as the fault code database is on the server, not in the app.
            1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
            1994 80E Avant
            1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Full bars.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
              2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
              2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
              1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
              1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Well my dongle arrived, connected after a bit of jiggery pokery -one hint, do NOT pair it with your phone using the system settings, do it from within the OBDEleven app instead.

It correctly identified 3 fault codes, one, carbon canister connection (deliberate), two related to what looks like a dead lambda, again. Could explain some of the poor MPG I have been getting.

I then tried looking up live values, which I was a bit more apprehensive about, I mean codes are easy, right? live values not so much.... Especially as this is a '91 Audi Coupe Quattro 7A, not exactly the last word in OBD!

Anyways, fired it up, and as expected there wasn't a whole lot to see, however, there was everything a VAG1551 would tell you, so with some work, and a copy of the following PDF, values can be interpreted just as if you were using the proper tool:

http://coupe.pumppumedia.com/korjausopas/04/d2_4.pdf

See section D2-360 onwards is where the diagnostics get interesting.

There is, as far as I saw in my lunchtime break, only one 'channel' to look at on these ECUs, however those channels will do everything I think I need, all good, and saves me Megasquirting immediately it to give me *real* live data

I've proved it works for me, so anyone else with an older vehicle like mine should find some reassurance of it working for them

Comment

We have had this PRO unit sent in for us for testing.
                  Product is developed here in Lithuania, thus our local Audi community got a chance to test it. Worked perfectly.
                  It is not something you could you could use to change VCDS, but definitely a thing to keep in your car for quick diagnostic purposes.
                  The only drawback was its shape - for some cars like D3A8 it was not so easy too remove it, it would the whole access hole for obd2 port.

Comment

I got the pro version yesterday, so far had time to connect to my AAN and my friends AEL . Worked smooth, cleared a few codes , will have more time over the weekend to understand it well.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Comment

My dongle arrived and my £35 quid tablet, got the software installed and played with that, not had a chance to try it on the car yet.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Finally: Bluetooth diagnostics/logging for the B4

Well that was disappointing ☹️

I got the unit connected and it found the ECU, (control unit info comes up and says T+S Tuning) and I see the engine symbol light up at bottom left of the screen but it's not picking up codes.
                        Didn't show the normal engine speed sensor, so I unplugged the ISV and that didn't show either or the N75 which is disconnected.

I did abort the scan after 7 out of 170 modules, it would have probably flattened my battery...

The coupe is a bit weird as it's a pin swap 3B to ABY conversion, maybe I'll try the avant.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Avant comes up ok [emoji106]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Looks like maybe I could do with a new O2 sensor [emoji848]
                            And a check of the barometric..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Or fuel pressure is dropping on boost?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I run the same T+S software on my car (RS2 ECU) and got the mixture adaptation code too. As for the rest - my advice is - if O2 sensor is old- more than 100 000km I would change it - I did and my car uses less fuel and runs more smooth.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X