Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MRC Tuning no longer tuning 5 Cyl 20v Turbo engines... who to go to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRC Tuning no longer tuning 5 Cyl 20v Turbo engines... who to go to?

I chatted to MRC Tuning today regarding having my AAN S6 engine tuned. We'd spoken a few times over the last year about it but today I was told that they are no longer offering tuning for these engines.

So those of us with S2, S4, S6, RS2 etc will have to look elsewhere for tuning... but who to go to?

Please can anyone recommend a good reliable tuner for these engines?

Thanks

MG

Originally posted by RS2 View Post
    I chatted to MRC Tuning today regarding having my AAN S6 engine tuned. We'd spoken a few times over the last year about it but today I was told that they are no longer offering tuning for these engines.

So those of us with S2, S4, S6, RS2 etc will have to look elsewhere for tuning... but who to go to?

Please can anyone recommend a good reliable tuner for these engines?

Thanks

MG
    Auto mark up north

Comment

http://www.automarkuk.com/

Comment

and how about in the EU

I hear similar stories here about tuners not wanting to do I5's anymore (may also have to do that they have to spent more time fixing stuff that breaks during the RR than on the actual tuning itself)

Comment

In norway http://www.estuning.no/ Still do tuning of the I5 as far as i know of, and i belive he is one of the few left in the world with motronic emulators. http://www.jonus-racing.no/ ( has also stopped providing software for the Motronic on the I5, and now only do tuning with third party ECUs like MaxxECU.
          '91 Audi S2 Coupe
          '85 Audi 80

Comment

Propably no UK member will go to Finland, but here porkkis still does old Motronic. http://www.erikoismoottori.fi/

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post

I hear similar stories here about tuners not wanting to do I5's anymore (may also have to do that they have to spent more time fixing stuff that breaks during the RR than on the actual tuning itself)
              I had read on here that MRC that was what MRC found, so one can understand why it is easier for them to pass when they have so much newer 'easier' stuff they can do.

The older our cars get, the harder our station is.

Comment

URs4 chips tuning

Thank you all for your information of who's left to tender the herds and no wonder MRC didn't even bother to reply and say no after 2nd request. I am also looking at VEMS as an alternative but so pricey.
                Happy cruising and best.

Comment

Consider Ecumaster with the pnp harness as well. Works with the Auditrigger and is a lot more solid all around than VEMS IME.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend getting this ECU mapped by people who can't do proper mafless on it - that basically means anyone except me/someone with access to my tools.
                  While this may sound like a really egoistic thing to say - the reason is, the MAF's are harder and harder to come by and are the achilles heel of the stock setup.

I have a full emulator board schematic that could fit inside the ECU, but I just don't have time to make a finished product. I also don't really map these ECU's anymore, as Error404 pointed out in another thread - this ECU is dead as far as commercial platforms go. It has been for a long time. It would also be really expensive for what it is.

I have two solutions in mind:
                  1. Release all info I have for free to everyone - but then this is a lot of documenting without any financial gain.
                  2. Create something like the miller performance war chip, which is a lot cheaper and simpler to build than a realtime emulation solution (meaning to load new software you have to turn the engine off for a moment), then after that make the documentation and recoup some money by selling the USB-flashable chips.

Unfortunately neither of those is high on my priority list. Financially I have lots of lucrative projects that take up my time - the only reason for doing this is nostalgia if anything.
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

PRJ, would it be possible to make copy of one of your maps from another ECU?
                    sigpic_________
                    Rob

Comment

Like I said http://www.automarkuk.com/ is the man for the job someone who still gives a s*** is always a good plan

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                        Like I said http://www.automarkuk.com/ is the man for the job someone who still gives a s*** is always a good plan
                        i can second this
                        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Yeah Mark is your man, great guy, no arrogance and loves what he does. Would get my vote every time.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                            Consider Ecumaster with the pnp harness as well. Works with the Auditrigger and is a lot more solid all around than VEMS IME.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend getting this ECU mapped by people who can't do proper mafless on it - that basically means anyone except me/someone with access to my tools.
                            While this may sound like a really egoistic thing to say - the reason is, the MAF's are harder and harder to come by and are the achilles heel of the stock setup.

I have a full emulator board schematic that could fit inside the ECU, but I just don't have time to make a finished product. I also don't really map these ECU's anymore, as Error404 pointed out in another thread - this ECU is dead as far as commercial platforms go. It has been for a long time. It would also be really expensive for what it is.

I have two solutions in mind:
                            1. Release all info I have for free to everyone - but then this is a lot of documenting without any financial gain.
                            2. Create something like the miller performance war chip, which is a lot cheaper and simpler to build than a realtime emulation solution (meaning to load new software you have to turn the engine off for a moment), then after that make the documentation and recoup some money by selling the USB-flashable chips.

Unfortunately neither of those is high on my priority list. Financially I have lots of lucrative projects that take up my time - the only reason for doing this is nostalgia if anything.

Useful post! So you're the only one that can do it "properly" but don't because you can make more money on other things or did I read it wrong!

Comment

we should make last group buy tuning for the cars...

Comment

Working...
                              X