Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MRC Tuning no longer tuning 5 Cyl 20v Turbo engines... who to go to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJones View Post
    Useful post! So you're the only one that can do it "properly" but don't because you can make more money on other things or did I read it wrong!
    Probably takes allot longer to tune our engines and tools are expensive as well.
    I had few deterrent maps done and still my favorite one is PRJ's
    sigpic_________
    Rob

Comment

Dialynx Swindow mate ...All day long
      This was my boss and I know for a fact if he was around today he would be driving a sick ABY armour plated S2 1500 bhp....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK NITTI View Post

Really ??????????????????????
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK NITTI View Post
          Thats a nope from me. Took my RS2 there many years ago as it had a boost problem and they couldn't have been less interested. After spending my money on diagnosis they said the ECU was shot so I bought a new one and guess what no difference. They had no compassion for the fact i'd just blown over a grand on an ECU which I couldn't return.

Their only response was bring it back and we'll take another look. Turns out it was a duff DV!

Wouldn't get them to put air in my tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
            Consider Ecumaster with the pnp harness as well. Works with the Auditrigger and is a lot more solid all around than VEMS IME.

the only reason for doing this is nostalgia if anything.
            Also you need to change the idle valve if you use the Ecu master, and I think like you, the best, easy and cheap standalone ecu option.

But I'm a nostalgic guy and I still use motronic maybe I will send my s2 to your garage for a live mapping with water/meth aquamist injection, but first I need time to fit it

Comment

Motronic is old but running a streetcar without knock control is a big risk.
              @prj if you want to give the Information out i would take it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJones View Post
                Useful post! So you're the only one that can do it "properly" but don't because you can make more money on other things or did I read it wrong!
                Precisely. Basically if they can't map it to run right without the MAF, then I wouldn't bother, as you're better off investing the money into a standalone, as you'll just blow through these (now) super expensive MAF's.

The problem is these cars are super old, and there are almost always hardware problems with them.
                Also, people who own these cars usually don't have a lot of money and want everything done super cheap.
                Don't get me wrong, there are exceptions to everything.

When you do this for a living, it becomes a money issue.

The only solution is to get tools into the hands of others.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
                  Thats a nope from me. Took my RS2 there many years ago as it had a boost problem and they couldn't have been less interested. After spending my money on diagnosis they said the ECU was shot so I bought a new one and guess what no difference. They had no compassion for the fact i'd just blown over a grand on an ECU which I couldn't return.

Their only response was bring it back and we'll take another look. Turns out it was a duff DV!

Wouldn't get them to put air in my tyres.
                  I would agree with that. Keith likes taking folk's money. I went there for a service when I first got my S2. Keith diagnosed a knackered wastegate. Guess what, he had new items at £750 which he tried hard to sell to me. Turns out it was the intercooler O ring and the car is still running fine 12 years later with the same wastegate. If you have a Ur and like throwing lots of money away, go see them!
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                    Also, people who own these cars usually don't have a lot of money and want everything done super cheap.
                    You could always name your price.
                    sigpic_________
                    Rob

Comment

Just to give peeps any idea of prices (hope Mark doesn't mind the info going out there) Automark had my car all day running late until 6:45pm, customed mapped it live on road fitted new WGFV, lambda and spark plugs at less than £600 Time to accept it chaps he is the only realistic man for the job left in the UK who really cares about helping out and not emptying your pockets

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                        Just to give peeps any idea of prices (hope Mark doesn't mind the info going out there) Automark had my car all day running late until 6:45pm, customed mapped it live on road fitted new WGFV, lambda and spark plugs at less than £600 Time to accept it chaps he is the only realistic man for the job left in the UK who really cares about helping out and not emptying your pockets
                        Add the cost of a single new MAF to that and you are at a grand, might as well have fitted a standalone. Then it turns out the car was mapped on a half-shot MAF and with a new MAF the fueling is totally off, have to remap it again...

Waste of time.

Gone through this so many times, that's why some years ago I started used the SD conversion on all custom mapped cars.

Originally posted by robo View Post
                        You could always name your price.
                        Please don't take it the wrong way. But I just don't really want to deal with the hassle anymore.
                        M2.3.2 is a pretty special ECU for me, because that is where it all began, but realistically for this to even pay for itself - I need to make an easy to use solution at a low pricepoint, while recycling as much of my current development as possible. Basically so that everyone who wants to run Motronic just fits this board into the ECU, and it lives there.

Comment

Surely the MAF can be checked before hand for correct tolerences if it turns out it's no good then other options can be explored but to just assume everyone should update to newer types of ECU is not really an option for most.

Comment

Te Problem ist to have a plug&play Solution to run The motronic mafless.
                            prj don't have The Time to do. this, so the only way ist to Go standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                              Surely the MAF can be checked before hand for correct tolerences if it turns out it's no good then other options can be explored but to just assume everyone should update to newer types of ECU is not really an option for most.
                              Believe or not, but it can't unless you have a giant flowbench and a known good MAF. And that doesn't help it any since they tend to go pop after RS2 power.

This thread has motivated me to work on plug and play solution again...
                              I am drawing the board right now... the problem is always to finish these projects.

Comment

Yes! The HFM5 replacement would be a nice legacy to leave us with.
                                That should solve the MAF issues fror the next 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X