Aerowipers for LHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerowipers for LHD

So, you englanders are driving around all fancy with your aeros, but we poor LHD-ers dont have kits from vagparts. I went to the stealer, and one LHD lupo gti passenger side arm costs 42 eur. Ok, i will buy them at that (mad) price, but i have to be sure. So i need to know the lenght of the RHD passenger side lupo gti wiperarm, to confront it with the stock LHD audi 80 wiper arm.

Gimme some, please.
    Audi Quattro WR

hey mate...try looking up the kit for a B5 A4 which will be more common I would think. That *should* work on the B4. Anybody else care to chime in?
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
      hey mate...try looking up the kit for a B5 A4 which will be more common I would think. That *should* work on the B4. Anybody else care to chime in?
      I think NoNonsense likes them

Comment

Hey Joe I gotta question about what you posted?...

Do you think the B5 upgrade would fit my CQ with A4 wiper arms?

Comment

actually you could use A6 aero wipers as i have done on my RS2,which i bought from Ebay from a member of this forum.(RS2cabriolet i think)

I replaced my brackets with the A6 ones and although it is recommended to slightly cut one of the wipers(passenger side)to fit more accuratelly they do fit with certain adjustment without any cutting.

However BOSCH now makes aero wiper blades to fit the old brackets so if you dont want to spend the extra cash you can buy the blades only
          Last edited by A80Avant; 23 June 2007, 19:10.

Comment

I have a set for LHD from VagParts martynf. SO just PM him , he have them in stock usually =]
            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

My goal is to get the wipers as hidden-under-the-hood *** possible. I have seen lotsa pics of the "lupo" mod, and that is what i want. The A6 looks really good too...

Sweeper. Do you have a pic of your wipers on the car?
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                Do you think the B5 upgrade would fit my CQ with A4 wiper arms?
                Marc, I would say yes because the arms are really the same length, just different pivot points and more spring tension. The Icons are a nice upgrade for the stock arms. The only issue I can think of is that the passenger side (LHD) wiper might be too long, and you could then try the 20" wiper instead of the 21". But I don't know. That pic I poste previously is on my B5 A4 with stock arms. hope that helps! ;-)
                Joe "NoNonsense"
                axis motorsport
                joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper
                  I have a set for LHD from VagParts martynf. SO just PM him , he have them in stock usually =]
                  Hey

Who is martynf from VagParts ?
                  I've made an inquiry at VagParts UK about LHD Aerowipers for an Audi 80, and got this reply;

"Hi. Thanks for the enquiry about the aero kit, but due to a lack of cars to try and fit kits too, so we only offer this kit in RHD at the moment.
                  Hope this is ok.

Regards Alan"

So I guess that martynf (is that a name) is not Alan !! :mischeif:

Anyway, I'm more likely to believe that early A4 wipers will fit the 80 model. Can anyone confirm that ??

Ciao from the country who deliveres famous drawings of undepicturous men.
                  OOOO....Lord of the rings....OOOO

Comment

Ciao from the country who deliveres famous drawings of undepicturous men.
                    you proud about that?lol
                    Looking for an S2 ABY

Comment

Can someone just measure one of the vagparts arms? Please?
                      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Edlers
                        Hey

So I guess that martynf (is that a name) is not Alan !! :mischeif:

Alan and Martyn F work for vagparts, Alan works from vagparts office and Martyn F still works from home ( do you Martyn?)
                        sigpic_________
                        Rob

Comment

Originally posted by madS2
                          you proud about that?lol
                          No. It's a sign of a crazy world....
                          OOOO....Lord of the rings....OOOO

Comment

If anyone is interested, i fitted A6 2003 wiper arms and blades like PapVas, and i can say they are really fantastic. Payed 90 eur shipping included from ebay.

As you can see, the wiping area is huge:

And they fit just perfectly:

And they are well hidden behind the bonnet: (compared to the megane: LOL)

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

just bought some a6 arms this morning so will be appearing on mine shortly look the dogs danglies, can't wait...
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X