Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headliner to sunroof trim query

Alright gents,

I retrimmed my headlining today and looking to reinstall it tomorrow. I'm not overly happy with the job but it's done now so going to fit it.

I've also changed from a glass sunroof to a metal one, and wondering does this trim piece attach the headliner to the metal sunroof cassette like it did on the original glass one. It doesn't look like it will fit so perhaps I'm missing something?

Any help on this one much appreciated.

Cheers
    Gordon
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

If the same as mine that trim fits from above under the runner bars.
    There should be a dozen or so spring clips all around.
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/welcom...0-owner/page22
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hi Dave,

I removed this trim piece when taking out my glass sunroof which is a different configuration to the metal one. On the metal sunroof cassette this trim doesn't seem to fit unless I have to dismantle it in order to improve access.

I'm just not sure if this trim is a slightly different shape on glass and metal sunroofs or is it the same part?

Thanks

Comment

Did you look at the pics on my thread? It looks like the one on mine but I'm not sure. I removed the runner bar covers from above which gives access to that trim.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Here is a picture of mine, may be of some use.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Cheers guys, sussed it out. The trim piece slides back under the roof and then forward into position. Don't think that's the way it was on the glass sunroof cassette which through me initially. All sorted now, thanks chaps.

Comment

Well done in sorting your roof out. Please can you tell me how you set the metal sunroof set up and how you got it to fit evenly within the roof aperture. Is there a gauge you use before fitting the sun roof seal or is it just fine tuning the gaps with the seal fitted.
              I've been struggling getting the seal up against the roof when it's closed and should be water tight.
              cheers for any help.

Comment

Hey.

When I received the metal sunroof/cassette I simply bolted it to place and was perfectly aligned. I don't think you can older it's position really, what you can alter it the sunroof panel, which I did need to adjust as was sitting slightly low at the rear of the panel.

If you move the sunroof panel into the tilt position you will see 3 x Torx bolts at either side, loosen these slightly and you will be able to adjust the sunroof panel in order to align correctly. Again I'm not sure if the sunroof panel can be moved slightly forwards and backwards as I never tried that. I only needed to raise the rear of the panel to sit flush with the roof line.

I think I have an email with Bentley instructions for fitting these which might be of help to you. PM your email address.

Cheers

Comment

And if it won’t align even when the bolts are slack you need to drop the motor and move the drive gear along a tooth.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X