No announcement yet.

Sunroof woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same issue Dave, I have messed around for months on mine. I did not want to remove the headlining, was it a pain?

I just want to find a used Sunroof from somewhere and just replace my knackered one, I snapped a part off the ‘worm’ wire, at the end, so regardless, I just need to find an ‘unseized’ sunroof

Comment

Do any other sunroof mech systems fit the RS2, just the avant 80’s or 90’s too, or the Audi 80
      Saloon too?

Comment

Hi

I found the tricky part with the headlining was the section to the rear of the sunroof, it is glued to the roof, need to be careful not to bend it, re other sun roofs that fit, I don't know but I'm sure someone on here will most certainly know, is yours a glass roof as I believe you can't replace glass with steel and vice verse, I may be wrong.

Comment

If you’re changing from glass to steel you have to change the entire cassette.

I’ve had both Avant and Coupe steel roofs in my Coupe, which originally had a glass roof. The only difference in the cassette is the angle of the drains in the corners. The hose down the pillar can be stretched to mate up.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Very interesting info Newsh. I wasn't aware of these details before now.

Comment

Just noticed that Alex (Error404) has a motor for sale. Drop him a PM
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Dave

I managed to get one from Germany, on its way, still need to order a sunroof seal.

Comment

Working...
                X