No announcement yet.

RHD Avant aero wiper clarity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have replacement (aero ?) wiper arms fitted by MRC in June 2008 to my RHD RS2. The wiper arms have a side pin fitment for aero wiper blades.

Does anyone know from which type of car the wiper arms with side pin are likely to have come? Without that knowledge I cannot find the correct replacement Bosch aero wiper blades for the side pin fitment.

If others have encountered this same problem and ended up replacing the replacement wiper arms with newer wiper arms, which wiper arms did you get / which new wiper arms would you suggest that would fit properly on an RHD RS2? Which aero wiper blades did you get / would you suggest for those new wiper arms?

I have found the Bosch website to be difficult to navigate. It seems you need to know the type of car to get the correct wiper blade when it would be much easier if you could search by type of wiper blade fitment and length of blade in addition to style of blade. In my case I need to know the type of car my replacement wiper arms came from (and I don't know).

Thank you

Comment

Try the wiper arm from a B5 passat. VW part number 8D9 955 407 A

Comment

This is one of the arms that has been on my RS2 since June 2008:

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The photo of a B5 Passat wiper arm (VW part number 8D9 955 407 A) I found online looks very different.

Comment

From what I recall one of the wipers is for a Lupo.

Digging through the forum archive:

Part numbers:
            Arms x2: 6X2-955-409C off lupo gti
            Blades x2: 1J2-955-425A no dimensions
            https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...-wiper-upgrade

I expect there are other equivalent blades that could be fitted
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thank you very much, Greg. Further search with that wiper blade part number suggests they also fit a VW Golf Mk IV. It looks like I may need Bosch A928S - 530mm (or 21 inches) and 475mm (or 19 inches) with side pin fitment. I think my current passenger side wiper blade is longer than 19 inches though - probably the same 21 inches as the driver's side. This has given me hope that I can keep the existing front wiper arms. Thank you

Comment

Glad I can help, please let me know what the outcome is as I have the same kit on my S2 and will need to change the wipers at somepoint.
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Pretty sure I have some spare blades for the Coupe in the shed, maybe still in the boxes, I'll have a look. I think the Coupe blades are longer than the Avant though.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

do they fit on lhd avant?

Comment

Working...
                    X