Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do think of this faceliftet cabrio bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing this, I now realise why a friend told me they'd seen my bumper on lots of "80s" of the later type ...I told him no way, this bumper is genuine RS2 and costs way too much! He was adamant about it, and I think this explains why.
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
      Not enough "chin" on the Cabrio bumper for my liking!
      I agree, if the the S2 bumper could accomodate the RS2 fogs and indicators that would be the perfect look IMHO.

Comment

That is one thing I will say about the RS2 bumper - although it is different and looks good in many respects, I have never quite understood the idea of changing from the deep splitter used on the standard version - which must surely be better at counteracting lift than the RS2 type IMO.

@Paul - us guys with dark painted cars can get away with the satin black sills and lower trims and body colouring on the RS2 bumper!
        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

strange i sent a while looking at bumpers for my car

ended up glass fibre rs2 ( cheers sal)
          but i was looking for a final edition cabrio bumper as they look nicer than a standard s2 bumper but im sure it was a s2 bumper with the porsche indicators and fog lights and that was the only difference unless uk was different to america etc ...

adn yeh difference with rs2 on the car is it sits a lot higher of the floor not giving such a ground huging apperence as s2 bumper adn the rs2 bummper is a lot rounder compared to normal s2 ...
          im still wondering what the bottom bit is on the cabrio bumper now..

Comment

o yeah i was wrong i see the cabrio has a s2 bumper all the time and the final editon is like this my mistake used good old e bay to check this look at item number

and you will see ...

Comment

Has no one considered this instead of RS2 bumper. Looks pretty close to me:

Complete R-RS front bumper to suit the B4 (1991-1995) Audi 80 models. The bumper is manufactured from tough ABS plastic and comes with fittings. Mesh is optional.

Rieger part number R00039020

http://www.tuning.co.uk/rieger/
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

realy dont like the cabrio bumper...its like: i could not afford a rs2,so i buy this one....sorry if i insult someone,but thats my opinion....its the cabrio bumper from the latest type...1999 and up.....
                Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

love the rieger one,are the fogs and indicators r2s items in it?
                  ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                  THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Yeah think it is RS2 items in the Rieger, I just bought the Rieger bumper.

So I can confirm this in a week or so.

/JOnas R.
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

The important question is how much room for an inter-cooler does the Facelift Cabby front have?
                      1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Andy. Can you please stop posting pictures of your S2?

I don't like the cabrio bumper. It's too common IMHO. Cabrios are everywhere.
                          SS

Comment

sorry
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                              I don't like the cabrio bumper. It's too common IMHO. Cabrios are everywhere.
                              Not on my continent
                              1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

Originally posted by T2Andy View Post
                                sorry
                                I bet you get a grin every time you open the doors to your S2 huh Andy?
                                Cheers mis amigos,
                                _Anton

Comment

Working...
                                X