No announcement yet.

Rieger RS2 front bumpers (56K warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made some metal brackets to bolt onto the chassis.

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Jonas, I made the same brackets and I have to lose them because its not steady and cracking the bumper.

Comment

Strange I have no problems what so ever with the brackets, and I have been running with the bumper for a year now.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

If you're closing the hood the bumper is steady like original one? Mine isn't, its a bit shaky. A few days ago when I removed the bumper I discovered a few cracks as well.

Comment

Yeah mine is rock sollid, ofcourse it is also secured at the wings as well. I presume yours is as well?
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

the thing is that if i ever wanted to get this type of bumper i would prefer to have the original brackets to use for the fogs.I guess i would then need only half the bracket you made in order to mount to the rest of the OEM mounting brakckets...doable.

Comment

That would definately be doable, how much are the brackets and can you buy them at Audi?
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

As PapVas has stated, I too have done the same....

My RS2 is a replica and was built for rally used so it is strong and durable. I think the thickness of the material it is made from is twice the OEM's. I have also done was Jas has done and made my own but with OEM RS2 brackets. But Jas has given me the idea of affixing the turnsignals properly!!!THANKS JAS!!!!

Comment

do you have any photos of the brackets you have made?
                    i have in my future plans to buy an RS2 front bumper,and if this rieger one can be a good alternative i might be able to get away paying much much less.

Comment

anyone got any uptodate contact details foranyone supplying thse bumpers? getting no reply from reiger
                      Gav
                      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

The UK distributors are here :-

On-Line Auto Sport Ltd
                        T: 01543 252010
                        F: 01543 255556
                        info@tuning.co.uk
                        www.tuning.co.uk/rieger

I've found them to be very helpful and answer enquiries promptly.
                        Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by CliveH View Post
                          The UK distributors are here :-

On-Line Auto Sport Ltd
                          T: 01543 252010
                          F: 01543 255556
                          info@tuning.co.uk
                          www.tuning.co.uk/rieger

I've found them to be very helpful and answer enquiries promptly.
                          thanks for that, excellent. Did you happen to get quoted a price for the bumper?
                          Gav
                          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

£256 without the mesh, or £280 incl. the mesh set. Both prices include delivery in the UK.

So an absolute bargain compared to the RS2 OEM items, and from what I've read, just as good in terms of both replica looks and build quality. And apart from a bit of fiddling around with fixings for the indicators and spotlights, a straight bolt on.

Seems to be a no brainer, unless of course you want your Audi to be completely OEM (whether anyone can tell or not)
                            Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

thats a billy bargain, thanks for that. much appreciated
                              Gav
                              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Does the Rieger use 993 Foglights and turnsignals ?

Comment

Working...
                                X