Rieger RS2 front bumpers (56K warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffpuxx View Post
    Does the Rieger use 993 Foglights and turnsignals ?
    Yes, they're the same as the RS2 ones.
    Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

Nice work with the brackets there Jonas.

One thing that has just occurred to me - I can't see how the headlamp washer jets are accommodated - is is just a question of drilling 2 holes and fitting the RS2 items?
      Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Comment

Clive H:

I dont use the jet washer, I do use the pump for my water injection system. But there are no holes or anything in the bumper to accommodate the jets.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

OK, thanks Jonas

Comment

OH! the bumper is very cheap!
            But I don´t know how I can make the fixes.
            You are an artist!

I think that Rieger must give teh bumper with the fixes to put in your car correctly, dosen´t that?
            photobucket SUCKS
            sigpic

Comment

No Rieger does not include brackets with the bumper. You have to make these brackets yourself
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                No Rieger does not include brackets with the bumper. You have to make these brackets yourself
                VAYA PUTADA!!

that´s a pity
                photobucket SUCKS
                sigpic

Comment

On-line are recommending that I buy another bit from them along with the bumper. I forget what they called it, but it is the support for the bumper that runs along the front of the car.
                  Is it necessary to change it, or will my current one be just fine?

Thanks,
                  JohnB
                  John Bowlerwell
                  Electronic Engineer

Present:
                  Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                  Previous:
                  Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                  Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

maybe this is the mounting bracket kit that someone mentioned in your other thread matey. Itd be interesting to see what is actually in this kit. Can you ask them to forward on any details or even better some pics?
                    Gav
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

It will most likely be the plastic housing that sits behind the bumper in between it and the crossmember with the mounting holes etc, i'd just hate to think how you'd join it to the bumper securely and without using some very strong bonding glue.

Comment

No, it is a 'U shaped piece' that I gather goes from left to right, and the bumper sits on it.

Rieger recommend that when putting the bumper on the S2 this part will need to be replaced.
                        I, however, am putting it on the RS2, so am thinking I won't need to change it...?
                        John Bowlerwell
                        Electronic Engineer

Present:
                        Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                        Previous:
                        Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                        Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Yeah I know the sort of bit you mean, there's something like it on the rs2 bumper from the factory, surprised you didn't use the old one from your old bumper if its still ok?

On my rs2 bumper the one on that looks a right pain to fit back on if it ever came loose. I have not tried fitting it to the car yet its just sitting in my bedroom whilst I decide the next course of action for the car.

Comment

reiger sell the bracket it 118 gbp and it bolts to the front of the car and the new bumper hangs on it and then the bumper can be fastened to this. I rang reiger last week requesting info on this bumper. The s2 light (fog) fit straight into the reiger bumper. The Rs2 oem is 1000 gbp upwards and thats not including mesh!!! Reiger bumper seems a bargain!!!

Comment

Hi Steve,

S2 lights do not fit this bumper, then Rieger has misinformed you or you required about a different bumper. The RS2 bumper that I installed would definitely not accept stock S2 fog lights.
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Steve1234> what site did you use to buy your part?

Does Reiger have this part on their own website?

Comment

Working...
                                X