Known good windscreen fitters / centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    What are these part numbers if you don't mind I am going to get my cracked screen replaced and would be good to have the bits

Cheers

These are the parts I ordered:

895 845 121 C - screen top trim (x1)
    895 845 121 E - screen lower trim (x1)
    443 845 631 A - screen distance piece #1 (x2)
    443 845 237 D - screen distance piece #2 (x3)
    N 905 763 01 - rivets for gutter (x16)
    N 904 376 01 - rivets for top clip (x4)

More info in THIS post
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I fitted my heated screen to the coupe recently and I'd have to say it's not a hard or scary job. Admittedly getting the old screen out, which had been in situ for at least 15 years, was messy due to the bonding agent being rock hard and as a result the screen had to be smashed into a million bits to get it out. In the end I used a air chisel, which I'd recommend if you have one as it makes lite work of the job. The eBay tools for windscreen removal were the best part of useless. As already mentioned, the cheesewire, if you use this method, needs to be very robust to avoid abraiding on the sharp edges of the glass.

Once the screen was out there was quite a bit of clean up required on the screen flange. This highlighted some rust which needed to be treated before the new screen could be fitted. This is likely to be the case with lots of cars due to their age, so I'd be wary of getting the job done in one session by a fitter, as it doesn't provide you with the opportunity to treat the issues before fitting the new screen. I'd recommend removing the screen side trims on a coupe yourself, as it's not a difficult job and it will possibly avoid an inexperienced fitter drilling out the rivets and f**king up the holes! Get plently of new rivets for replacement of the side trims. I got a pack of slightly oversized rivets from B&Q of all places. They were 5mm diameter and wide headed. You could of course use the correct items from Audi at 10x the price!

The coupe top and bottom trim can be sourced at - http://www.rejel.com/windscreen-trim...?sort=alphaasc for less than £30 and it's perfect fit. I can recommend them on their delivery, customer service and the fit of the trims.

The easy part is retitting, for which I bought the following kit from eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-DINITR...item33a58b20ad

It comes with all that's required and detailed instructions, plus a link to their Youtube channel for instructional videos. This kit, someone to assist and a bit of courage is all that's required to get the job done. Oh, and a pop rivet gun to fasten the trims back in.

Good luck
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Cheers both - its on my list to do

Comment

For anyone in the Midlands area, I can thoroughly recommend Russell from Ultimate Windscreens. He did the windscreen in my S2 last week and took all the care and time required to do it properly. This included treating a small amount of surface rust under the screen while he was there. It took him 4 hours which is about par for the course including riveting the trims back in place etc...

Cheers,

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
          X