RS2 bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 bumper

Anyone buy one of these? Or know if they're any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-ty...-/180762186519
    ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Originally posted by Pat D View Post
    Anyone buy one of these? Or know if they're any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-ty...-/180762186519
    Well the strange thing is is says in the advert it "doesn't fit to Audi RS2"
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
      Well the strange thing is is says in the advert it "doesn't fit to Audi RS2"
      It uses the normal square fogs/indicators, not the rounded porsche rs2 ones.
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yeah its one of the copy bumpers, but wont accommodate the intercooler
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
          Yeah its one of the copy bumpers, but wont accommodate the intercooler
          I can't see why it would not acommodate the intercooler, as this should be very close to the original - dimensionally. Maybe, you know someone that has had a bad experience fitting one oof these copies Greg?
          RS2 bumper does not look quite right without the Porsche indicators in my view Pat.

Comment

Although these bumpers look similar to the rs2 dimensionally, its the depth that can be a problem when fitting. In a side on siluette of the car the copy ones using the square fogs dont stick out as much in front of the bonnet grill as the OEM rs2/s2 bumpers. In my experience these bumpers JUST fit over a s2 intercooler, but you may struggle with rs2 or larger. And generally you need to make custom mounts or you need an audi 80/non s2 coupe bumper to bond the skin over the top.
            Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
            03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
            01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Actually that particular one has mounting features on the back so all you would need is some angle brackets to fit. And its ABS which is far better than fibreglass.
              Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
              03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
              01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

The bumper is not as wide/deep as the S2 OR RS2 bumper...........same as putting a standard B3 bumper off a coupe onto an S2 or RS2..not enough space for intercooler

cheers
                john

Comment

Main reason for interest in it was because of the ABS plastic it's made of. I will however be fitting the larger wagner intercooler. Anyone know where to get an RS2 bumper that fits, or has one for sale?
                  ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Reiger front bumper

I have just bought a reiger rs front bumper made from ABS plastic, it the closest thing to the rs2 bumper and uses the porsche idicators and fog lights which are very pricey last time i checked the fogs from audi were coming in at £125 + vat! Also you can by a mounting kit but have a look at Jonas R post he has shown how to mount this bumper. Best of Luck

Comment

how did you get on with intercooler clearance on the reiger? I know years ago when I look at the ebay fibreglass jobies there wasnt enought clearance for intercooler
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I have had to remove some of the plastic where the intercooler sits, other than that it fits really well and is good quality. I will post some pictures once completed.

Comment

I've just pulled my first Carbon/Kevlar RS2 bumper out of it's mould and whilst it is not perfect - it has potential....and it weighs absolutely nothing!

Comment

Is that the 80 B4 bumper they advertise on the blue and white convertible in the catalogue? Have you mounted it over an S2 or RS2 or Wagner IC?

Cheers

John
                            2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                            1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Is there a decent quality ABS RS2 style bumper available that takes the RS2 fogs and indies? Otherwise I might have to go for one of these..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X