No announcement yet.

Door hinge/ S -spring adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I end up bending the spring a bit with bar. It became little bit better but not as strong as i think it should be. Will replace the hinge someday.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    Last edited by hiloran; 4 May 2017, 17:20.

Comment

you don't need to remove the wing or any plastic trim to change the door hinges on a coupe. I have done both of mine today and life was made a whole lot simpler by buying myself a 16/17mm 'obstruction spanner'. I'm going to try and load a pic...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Good info, I need one of those spanners

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

I seem to recall I got mine off eBay. It is chrome vanadium, branded Yato and has YT-0173 part number. The challenge was finding one with a 16mm ring - most of the sets seem to miss 16mm for some reason. It is still a nuisance job but do-able ! :-)

Comment

Bought!
            thanks

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

steve briance Looks good Steve, nice work. You buy a new pair of door hinges? OR just modify the old ones? I think, that problem is not in the spring inside the mechanism, but in these three metal pieces, because they wear down.

imageupload
              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

I got a set of hinges off a 1996 coupe being broken, not brand new but a whole lot more life left in them than my old ones. I agree that hinge pin wear also causes problems but in my case it was definitely the spring, half of it was missing! The main problem with pin wear was that over the years I had adjusted to compensate and then the replacements with less wear had to be adjusted from square one. When I last looked for brand new, they were around

Comment

Do you know how to replacement the pins ? Where u find them? Thank you Steve

Comment

I don't know if the pins can be replace ' officially'. I think you could probably do it if you had some steel rod the correct diameter and could get/drill the old one out. I think this may be more trouble than it's worth as who is to say the holes that the pins fit through arent worn as well? You would need. Bigger pins then. Get new or good second hand fit them and spend the time saved doing something else :-)

Comment

Or maybe just weld some material and than grind to the triangle shape. Because in my case that spring looks fine and problem will be the blunt shape of that pins...I have spare door hinges from some other car..

picture hosting

Comment

Working...
                      X