No announcement yet.

Glass sunroof frame fabrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unscrew the old rusty panel and replace it with the metal panel. These are the same fasteners

Comment

Have you done this yourself, changed only the panel from glass to metal? The fasteners are the same? I've asked this before here if the panels are interchangeable, but the answer last time was they have nothing in common. It won't work. Which one is it? My glass panel has gone rotten as well.

Comment

I was under the same impression, whole cassette needs changing, but that is not from direct experience.

Comment

That was my next question mate , I've now taken my glass panel out and just look at the state .....
          did you change your pull back panel inside aswell as there different.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, they are adaptable. I simply removed the grey plastic part that slides off.

Comment

Originally posted by JariP View Post
              Have you done this yourself, changed only the panel from glass to metal? The fasteners are the same? I've asked this before here if the panels are interchangeable, but the answer last time was they have nothing in common. It won't work. Which one is it? My glass panel has gone rotten as well.
              Yes I made the change myself

Comment

Here is the part I removed
                Attached Files

Comment

This is the metal sunroof
                  Attached Files

Comment

It looks a perfect fit , yes I've got the sliding bit on still I wondered if that came off .

Comment

I've taken these off my car and gone back to standard so as soon as I can post on the for sale section I'll be into it
                      but going back to the sunroof I'll be picking my metal panel up on Saturday
                      Attached Files

Comment

I prefer the original lights.... good news..!!! You will see the panel will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Juju-la-Crapule View Post
                          I prefer the original lights.... good news..!!! You will see the panel will be fine
                          Got the panel and I think it will fit but the plastic bit you have taken out is the rear gutter I think.
                          my rubber seal on my panel meets at the back aswell with a slight gap so it'll definitely drip .see pics
                          See what you think ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Answered your other post!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesey View Post

Got the panel and I think it will fit but the plastic bit you have taken out is the rear gutter I think.
                              my rubber seal on my panel meets at the back aswell with a slight gap so it'll definitely drip .see pics
                              See what you think ?
                              The panel must be adjusted in height and the seal changed

Comment

Originally posted by Juju-la-Crapule View Post

The panel must be adjusted in height and the seal changed
                                I could really do with using audi tradition but after emailing them they say they can't post to a private sale over to the uk .
                                I need door seals aswell as I've lost the drivers side

Comment

Working...
                                X