X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater matrix

I have to change th heater matrix on my coupe
    before the winter sets in .
    The car is a 1991 s2 coupe3b with aircon , which I have partially removed.
    I want to make sure I buy the right
    valeo replacement , and am not sure if the unit is different
    on aircon models.
    Does anyone no the correct part no , and the best place to buy

Heater matrix should be the same, I ordered a genuine item recently. I can't remember the part number now, but most auto factors will be able to cross ref from your original one if you have the numbers. I put a few details on my project thread S2 Coupe 12 years on

I ordered my replacement from Bennets, around £65 I think for the matrix
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks Greg .I have just bought one from Pete Reeve .
      Now all I have to do is fit it

Comment

How much was it from pete mate?
        I am going to have to do mine as its leaking slightly and am looking to buy a decent replacement
        Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
        Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
        Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Sorry only just seen your message . It was fifty quid plus postage.

Comment

Hi all, i have just bouth for a few month an S2 3b 1991 with air-co. Yesterday i found coolant on the back passenger driver side.... Is it possible to be the Heather or something else or simply the last owner that left fluid on it...? No other places with fluid.... Thanks

Comment

Yes I would say its Heater Matrix for sure. It isn't a hard job just a bit time consuming. Having air con makes the job more painful. Best to leave that half off the heater box in place with the air con still connected. The rear clips are a real pain in the *** and you will have fun refitting them. Have a search on the forum you'll find some more info regards this subject. The Matrix isn't expensive £22.00 pounds i think. Good luck.

Comment

It is of course possible the matrix is leaking but before changing it MAKE SURE by checking if the moisture on the carpet is coolant.

There are so many ways that the coupes can let rain water in, I would be smelling the leak, checking for oily film on inside of windscreen, steam in car when engine hot or coolant going down quickly before taking anything apart.

While doing all these things; search for 'coupe water leak' using search function - you will see lots and lots of useful information and how people are fixing their leaks.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi guys and thanks for the answer. Unfortunatly, it taste coolant and further more the car hasent Seen thé rain for more than 15years.... It doesnt go out when it rain.... But why in the Rear? There IS no smaller way for the water?? Thats why i'm hesitating.... But wath else according its coolant... Do you have the part number for a LHD? Thanks

Comment

I seem to remember that the floor slopes towards the rear slightly and a leak at the front does lead to water collecting in the rear passenger feet area. I had a leak through the bulkhead once which made a swimming pool in the rear. A combination of the floor shape and acceleration when driving helps the water move under the carpet.

If your car never goes out in the rain then sadly it does look like your matrix is leaking but otherwise good news as you might have the only dry S2 once you have fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rom7650 View Post
                      Hi all, i have just bouth for a few month an S2 3b 1991 with air-co. Yesterday i found coolant on the back passenger driver side.... Is it possible to be the Heather or something else or simply the last owner that left fluid on it...? No other places with fluid.... Thanks
                      If you do change it, this might help.

https://www.s2forum.com/filedata/fetch?id=2005355
                      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Ok so I'm going to do that in the next week and let you know. Hoping its that, that way I Can tidy up all my interior. Is there any thing else i have to look at while i dismantle the interior?

Comment

Originally posted by Rom7650 View Post
                          Ok so I'm going to do that in the next week and let you know. Hoping its that, that way I Can tidy up all my interior. Is there any thing else i have to look at while i dismantle the interior?
                          Get some new bulbs for your aux gauges and white grease for your gearchange. Put a drop of light oil on you fan bearing. Nothing much else to do in there except maybe tidy any previous wiring bodges.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Get some new soundproofing felt to go under the carpet. If it's wet and had been for some time, it will probably be falling to bits and at best smell bad. If you don't buy new stuff, you need to be ready to dry the old stuff...

Comment

Get some Tesa fabric tape, and re-wrap the looms where it has fallen off, and prepare to repair the flaps in the heater box.

Comment

Working...
                              X