This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
    What model / engine are you interested in ?

The information I have is clear that 5-cyl models are different from V6 and 4-pot engines. I can dig it up for you no problem.

Paul
    I was more or less interested in the literature itself. I used to work for an Audi/Porsche dealer and had never seen what you described!
    Present Audi:
    1995 S6 [Brilliant Black/Ecru Leather]

Owner/Moderator of the Audihelp.com Forums.

"S-Car-Go, my-car-go, one-sixty, swiftly..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      Jamo, you got higher res versions of those diagrams?!
      I've got the originals. And I paid a lot of money for them.
      SS

Comment

Oh BTW, I've had my old 3B R12 converted to R134a regassed a couple of times by Audiman through the high pressure port. No problem there, until my second compressor leaked a died.
        SS

Comment

All sorted at last. Chap called Rob Brass dropped in and re-gassed the car in 30 mins flat. All acheived via the high pressure valve. Can highly recommend his service should you be in north London/Hertfordshire area and need any electrical/Air con work done. PM for details. £60 dead on.

Moral of the story? (I can hear everyone getting ready for the 'I could have told you so')

Stay well away from KiwkFit - at least for Air Conditioning!
          RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Forgot to mention, he had a cool gadget which by 'firing' an infrared "laser" dot on the inside of the vent could measure the air temp. -4 deg C
            RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

I told you so
              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

i dont know if i have the same problem as alg before,but now as the A/C seems to be working,i hear it turning on and off all the time rather than the compressor working steadily to produce cold air.

Cold air is coming out of the vents,however it seems to be doing so slower than before.I have regassed it recently(a couple of weeks ago) and the climate temperature is set to 20degrees when outside temp is 34 and above.

I would like to ask,is the dashboard temp sensor and the headliner sensor the ones that the climate is taking into account to make the climate work depending on indoor temperature??

Comment

On the compressor is an unusual fitting which doesnt fit a fridgie's gauge block for doing an accurate low pressure charge. I had the fitting converted to the common style fitment so it can be filled and vac'd from the low pressure side. The fitting came off a brand new Saab compressor and makes filling so much easier as the gas doesnt have to be squeezed in.
                  Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

do you have a picture??

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
                      do you have a picture??
                      Yes i will take a picture tonight and post it on, sorry for the delay, the PC is fried and i am after a new one.
                      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

here is my low pressure air con charge point.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
                          i dont know if i have the same problem as alg before,but now as the A/C seems to be working,i hear it turning on and off all the time rather than the compressor working steadily to produce cold air.

Cold air is coming out of the vents,however it seems to be doing so slower than before.I have regassed it recently(a couple of weeks ago) and the climate temperature is set to 20degrees when outside temp is 34 and above.

I would like to ask,is the dashboard temp sensor and the headliner sensor the ones that the climate is taking into account to make the climate work depending on indoor temperature??
                          if it is coming on and off thats usually a sign of low gas (at least that was what i was told....) When I had mine regassed (same symptoms) then it worked properly and didn't cycle.
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

nice solution Graham,

it turned out i had only 150gr of Freon on the system and i cannot figure out where it got lost!!!I regassed again and used the special coloured oil to locate leakes,did some tests with the goggles and the ultrasound gun,and found no leaks on any of the main tubes,nor on the condesender itself...

So far the A/C is working properly so i dont do anything about it still.Maybe i can get a hold of a new condesender at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              if it is coming on and off thats usually a sign of low gas (at least that was what i was told....) When I had mine regassed (same symptoms) then it worked properly and didn't cycle.
                              Yes its possible I have low gas. It needs UV leak testing just to be sure but I had hoped I sorted all the leaks. Funny its worked fine for three days in which time I have not touched the on/off switch. May need to check the connections behind the dash as the fault followed me sorting an aux cable from the headunit thru to the glovebox !
                              Alastair
                              RS2

Comment

if i had a leak inside the car,wouldnt that smell??
                                i have no smell,and UV didnt help me find a leak.Either i dont have one and improper regass was made,or it is so small,it was unoticable...either way it is frustrating to the poing im going to replace all hoses and condesender along with the kompressor and be done with it...but not now!
                                thankfully,european countries dont really need A/C at this moment so im OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X