exhaust removel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust removel

Have a new de cat exhaust ready to fit. have come to a roadblock how the **** do you get to the bottom turbo flange bolt
    93 ABY S2

Obstruction ring spanners. I bought an Elora one specifically for this job. Some cheap ones are too thick to fit.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Did you go from the top or underneath? both seem light years away to achieve…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      93 ABY S2

Comment

Remove the airbox completely and work from the top. I still have a scar on my thumb where the spanner suddenly slipped doing this job a few years ago
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yeah have removed airbox already just this poxy one left.. slipped spanner scars badges of honer lol

93 ABY S2

Comment

If it's not been swapped, I seem to recall the most awkward one is a smaller size.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

All came undone really easy so yeah not sure.. the 3 i have done are 17mm

93 ABY S2

Comment

Audi special spanner the ******s

93 ABY S2

Comment

Found these on Amazon so hopefully will work.. thanks for your input Dave top man…

93 ABY S2

Comment

They look like nice quailty and you'll find them surpriisinly usful on other jobs, they should also last a lifetime if they're that expensive.

That nut is a total ball ache with a stock down pipe, I refused to be defeated when I first removed one from a 3B and made a short spanner with a load of material ground out of the neck so I could heat it up and bend it. You just need a cheap spanner you don't mind attacking with a grinder and MAP gas.

The nuts aren't normally tight, so I put two other's back on to hold the down pipe up whilst I got that one off.

Though before you ruin a good 17mm spanner check the size of the nut using a socket, I've found 15, 16 and 17mm nuts in that location depending on who's been in there before.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Yes have seen some home made spanners what ever works hey.. thinking i may still have to with these..
                      Yes Dave mentioned could be a different size so will check before attacking any spanners.. thanks for advice and hopefully with get sorted when they arrive.. will update ?

93 ABY S2

Comment

I had this problem many years ago, I ended up using cheap spanner’s and chopped them with grinder and a welder I cut the spanner in half and used some 12mm exaust hanger bar one at 90 open end and the closed end bent like moon spanner. Also I used some penetrating fluid all best Michael

Comment

Yes gave a good dosing of gt fluid actually surprised how easily they came undone just this last *******.. thanks for your advice really does help getting everyones input..
                          93 ABY S2

Comment

Finally got old exhaust off ready for new de cat to be fitted.. thanks for everyones help with this was invaluable..

93 ABY S2

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
                              I had this problem many years ago, I ended up using cheap spanner's and chopped them with grinder and a welder I cut the spanner in half and used some 12mm exaust hanger bar one at 90 open end and the closed end bent like moon spanner. Also I used some penetrating fluid all best Michael

Tools made to remove exhaust what a ballache

93 ABY S2

Comment

Working...
                              X