No announcement yet.

034 donwpipe-exhaust EM combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the spot where the 034 DP hits the sub frame. At first we bashed the DP and grinded away material from the sub frame to make it fit and be able to drive home.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      Bram have you got any pictures of where it hits? also are you running a dual mass flywheel or single mass?

Reason I ask is regarding the gearbox spacer.
      I am running a DM flywheel. The subframe was hitting the outside of the DP, just above the 90 degrees bend. I think the 034 DP is optimized for a AAN setup, since that one will have more space in the engine compartment.

Comment

This is the new custom-welded 034 DP that now fits the S2 Avant (ABY) perfectly. We also welded back some metal on the subframe to strengthen it again. The new DP pipework is a bit pointing inwards in the lower section, compared to the original one

And we also adjusted the WG tube a bit, so the flex pipe from the WG to DP is not under stress anymore.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Bram.

Just out of curiosity, what other 'off-the-shelf' downpipe's are available?
          And more importantly, how good is the fit?

Matt.
          Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
          2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
          2003 A6 Avant Tdi
          Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
          2004 VW Caddy SDi
          2002 Civic Type R

Comment

Hi Matt, if you look at my other downpipe thread Bram found one from PK motorsports. I haven't found any other of the shelf. The only othe one I knew of was the Marco downpipe which is now NLA.

Comment

From what I've heard, the Marco downpipe didn't have the looks but it fitted really well. Shame it's NLA.
              I'll have a ganders at your other thread.

Cheers.
              Matt.
              Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
              2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
              2003 A6 Avant Tdi
              Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
              2004 VW Caddy SDi
              2002 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
              X