• 034 Exhaust Manifold flow results

Over on motorgeeks there are various flows on the EM's by Javad

Here is a summary for this forum

RS2:
    Attached Files

SQ Manifold:
    Attached Files

Comment

Wagner / 034 RS2 Evo manifold with K26 Flange ( I'd expect higher with T3 flange )

Production vs Prototype:
      Attached Files

Comment

Wagner / 034 SQ Prototype ( ETA unknown )
        Attached Files

Comment

034 321 SS manifold ( Advantages / Disadvantages of SS vs Cast is for another thread )
          Attached Files

Comment

All in all an excellent choice of manifolds for the Audi community

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              All in all an excellent choice of manifolds for the Audi community
              Can't agree more. Interesting that they confirmed that the Wagner RS2 Evo manifold flows better than the Audi OE SQ manifold but that Herr Wagner was able to improve on that with the SQ Evo.
              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

The Wagner / 034 SQ manifold was the one that got the juices going when I saw the prototype flows I must admit.

I'm happy with the my RS2 EVO as you say if the SQ is supporting 500-600 bhp cars then the RS2 Evo must be able to support that with it's flow results with the benefits of stock location.

That 034 SS manifold is a beast however!

Comment

Does are some very nice results Think I will have to install my RS2 evo EM soon
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Purely out of interest Jamo, do you have the results for the stock S2 EM? As that would give us the lowest to the highest and it would be interesting to see the improvements at each level, including the common S2-RS2 upgrade.

Cheers n

Si
                    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Nope all these come from motorgeek or Wagner directly, I doubt there's been any call to flow a stock manifold.

Comment

is there anything for the Wagner tubular rather than the costly 034 to see the comparison.

what i saw is that the 034 had much straighter runners than the wagner when i saw one at coreys when he fitted my wagner EX. would be nice to see the flow on what i got.

personally think the best way to look at this is

lower flow = faster spool + higher EGT + poorer top end hp potential

Comment

I doubt there's been any call to flow a stock manifold.
                          That does surprise me as that is the biggest market - replacing stock I5 EM's from the UR, S2 and S4/S6 etc as there are thousands more of those engines around than the RS2. Imagine if they they quoted the % improvement in the flow rates as compared with the stock EM's...that would REALLY sell the Wagner ones

Sounds like wagner need to employ marketeers as well as engineers

Cheers n

Si
                          95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                          Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                          With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Nope all these come from motorgeek or Wagner directly, I doubt there's been any call to flow a stock manifold.
                            Oh doubting one, yes, indeed, they did flow a stock AAN EM (same as ABY and 3B) along with the others (but not the SQ Evo - didn't exist at the time):

Follow this link to enlightment.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/219031.phtml

I see at the time, Herr Wagner was saying "no need" for the SQ Evo.
                            More HP? Always a "need".
                            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                              Oh doubting one, yes, indeed, they did flow a stock AAN EM (same as ABY and 3B) along with the others (but not the SQ Evo - didn't exist at the time):

Follow this link to enlightment.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/219031.phtml

I see at the time, Herr Wagner was saying "no need" for the SQ Evo.
                              More HP? Always a "need".
                              The advantages of being state side and have access to audiworld would have just linked to that thread

The problem is it cost 15-30 thousand dollars ot produce a SQ casting mould. Javad has said as much in the original thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X