Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave is correct, we did use a flow-bench to test the manifolds. While there are limitations regarding interpretation of the numbers with this method, it is a fairly accurate way to at least compare the flow-rates between manifolds. I personally run an RS2 Evo manifold on my 95 S6 with a GT2871R/K26 hybrid turbo. You guys can always contact me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by RufCTR View Post
      Dave is correct, we did use a flow-bench to test the manifolds. While there are limitations regarding interpretation of the numbers with this method, it is a fairly accurate way to at least compare the flow-rates between manifolds. I personally run an RS2 Evo manifold on my 95 S6 with a GT2871R/K26 hybrid turbo. You guys can always contact me with any questions.
      And Carsten Wagner, the designer/manufacturer (Wagner Engineering/Tuning) is on this forum (Lupo911) so there will always be answers to questions about the manifolds.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Something someone has to remember about flowbench work is that it can be achieved in various means. Where you look at the figures of the stock AAN vs RS2 mani for example and go hold on not much difference yet we can make 420 on an RS2 mani and not on the AAN I tweaked an AAN mani and made 420hp. The restriction was not on the individual runners comparatively it was the design of the collector.

Quite correctly when you flow on a flow bench the easiest testing method is on a single runner at a time basis. Whilst functioning on a vehicle this will not happen and one has to look at the turbulence created by the cross over paths and the volume that has to pass through the joining runners into the collector. The restriction on the AAN manifold was that multiple runners where trying to squeeze through a space half the cross section of a single exhaust port. Open these up to allow for less turbulence and free flow and now it is capable of the same power as an RS2 manifold which has got a lesser restriction around the collector from stock.

I'm currently running the Wagner EVO K26 manifold machined and ported and if I was sticking with the power bracket I was at I would keep it it's an effective bang for your buck. However I've had quite enough of the K26/30R hybrids as the first one did not last 500 miles and despite a rebuild now less than 2 yrs later has bitten dust right royally.
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by RufCTR View Post
          can you maybe do the same test on a MTM exhaust manifold? I think it is the only one missing from the lot.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

The MTM has been done well it was on motorgeek anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              The MTM has been done well it was on motorgeek anyhow
              Pics? Links?

Then if someone could do a Summary this STICKY would be complete untill the end of time..

Comment

you will have to search motorgeek for that information

Comment

Working...
                X