No announcement yet.

Wagner Tuning Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, kinda forgot the 3B and only thought about the ABY as an AAN derivative modified for the S2 bodyshell.

So, that massive pipework in the S2 is actually a relic dating back to the lack of space in the RHD 200q? And when introducing the 3B in the typ89 the engineers just left the inlet piping as is instead of designing a new one that would have lower production costs and better flow- and thermal characteristics?

I'm not arguing the benefits of the Wagner-style IM. Actually, I have always been annoyed by the extensive pipework in the stock engine. Long, unshielded pipes running next to the engine block is not an optimal solution. Just wondering if there are some disadvantages with the Wagner-design that we are overlooking when blinded by the power gains from it
    Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

I think the Wagner - style has benefits - lower intake temp. and less pipeweork being the obvious ones. Audi must have thought it a good idea too - as has been said, the AAN motors in the S4 / S6 had similar production versions, and the basic design of the Wagner - style and S4 / S6 IM's date even further back - 1980. The front - mounted throttle body was first seen in the Ur quattro 10V, albeit on a non - crossflow head, which meant the heat from the EM raised the temp air AFTER it left the IC.

Comment

Is there any difference at all between the wagner and MTM?

Habib

Comment

Nope. Only the Badge.
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Differeces between MTM & Wagner.

Guys,
            I tried once before to list the differences. The first I suspect is the quality. Secondly there are numerous detail differences in all the Wagner variant manifolds(TS & that nutter Ehgartner with the 512ps 200q) which will mean effectively that the manifold will require further end user modification. For example, see whether you can find a picture of the manifold with provision for the throttle cable bracket.

Comment

Re: Differeces between MTM & Wagner.

Originally posted by twoqu
              Guys,
              I tried once before to list the differences. The first I suspect is the quality. Secondly there are numerous detail differences in all the Wagner variant manifolds(TS & that nutter Ehgartner with the 512ps 200q) which will mean effectively that the manifold will require further end user modification. For example, see whether you can find a picture of the manifold with provision for the throttle cable bracket.
              My obstacle is that the Wagner manifold doesn't have a port or nipple for the ISV. Anyone got any ideas for this? I think the stock manifold has a nipple press-fit into it.

I was thinking more screw-in, but regardless I have to pick a location for it. I guess next to the throttle body is where it makes sense? Since it's the throttle that's being bypassed with the ISV, I would want to be a close as possible to the filtered/measured air before the throttle plate. Am I thinking correctly?

I got no response to my email to Wagner asking for general direction/advice.

Thanks,

Ken
              Kenneth
              1990 Coupe quattro
              1991 200q20v x 2
              1985 4ksq 20vt project
              1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
              2006 Honda Ridgeline
              1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

fitted mtm manifold
                Attached Files

Comment

Ken,

You can easily tap & thread your manifold to install a nipple for that ISV hose. If I'm not mistaken when I check out the manifold it looked like the material was fairly thick. So having enough threads shouldn't be a problem. Only things I would worry about would be leaking under boost, but you can eliminate that with some teflon tape or thread locker. And how far the nipple will thread into the manifold. I wouldn't want to have it interfearing with the air path to much. Personnally I would take your manifold to a talented aluminum welder and have him/her weld on a nipple for you. Then you wouldn't have to worry about leaks, threads or the nipple going to deep inside of the manifold. Just a thought? It probably wouldn't cost you more then $50 bucks & it would be stronger, look nicer & be pretty much trouble free.

Or you can always send it to Brian & he'll more then likely do it for you at no charge besides freight. He is a certified welder & can weld aluminum pretty nice. I have seen some of his work & his welds look like perfect dimes overlaping eachother.

Comment

I see that this thread is prehistorical but can't find any other more suitable for my question:
                    How is with the water hose from water manifold on AAN engine when Wagner IM installed ?
                    I mean I didn't see how it looks originally and how that hose looks and connects to water manifold as I'm building AAN from pieces ,

.....so would original AAN hose fit overhear ? is not much space left below Wagner IM.......

Attached Files

Comment

i think you need a 3b-aby-adu water manifold,this has a tube connection in the middle of the water manifold
                      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                      AEM W/M injection

Comment

Yes, that I know that these has connection at the middle, BUT I believe that there are forum members who has replaced AAN intake manifold with Wagner and could share how it worked out...
                        From other side would be much easier to order water hoses kit which suits AAN engine

Comment

BUT if AAN water manifold does not fit with Wagner inlet, the solution is to change water manifold for ABY, ADU or 3B.... is your issue that you then can't buy an "off the shelf" water hose "kit"?
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

AAN manifold does fit, I'm just interested how that 4A0121101B upper radiator outlet to the cooling flange & overflow tank hose attaches to it; what angle it is made...
                            By the look at it on internet I think it should fit, angle is good enough
                            https://www.ecstuning.com/b-rein-par...a0121101b~crp/

... and of course then would be easy to buy all water hoses kit without f^^^^ing around https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/audi...tor-hoses.html

Comment

Working...
                            X