• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    Thanks Dave.

Comment

Ok Dave, the dash is out......now for the heater box! Have released the box from the scuttle where the air intake is (directly above the motor), and in the centre of the bulkhead from the engine bay side.....but it's still not exactly wanting to jump out. Have I missed something?

Comment

Have you got air con?

You can split the heater matrix box in half by prising off the gold coloured rectangular clips but there are a couple around the back which are tricky. If you manage to split it, you can get to the radiator without removing everything.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Have you removed the glove box. I have just done my 2.3 10v and Brian smiths S2. There is a air intake or pollen filter depending on the car on the passenger side , opposite side to the fuse box under the windscreen panel.

Comment

Just been looking through my old pics and I remember that there are a couple of screws where the airbox connects to the top of the centre consul trim. If those are out and the two nuts have been removed from inside the bulkhead, as LSG says, there are two screws by the pollen filter, then from memory it should just lift up and out off the hooks. If you have aircon, the pipes connect into the bulkhead and need disconnecting first. Also, have you undone the heater water pipes? I think that's all? I did mine back in the summer. Seems ages ago now!
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

No AC, I'm looking to remove the whole thing as the flaps need re-foaming as well. Yes, coolant pipes are off.
              Think it's just protesting 'cause someone's trying to move it after 20 years!

Comment

It maybe just were the tubes come through the rubbers they are stuck. I put a hooked tool and some wd40 to help it along. Dose it feel like its loose as there are quit a few nuts, bolts and screws to do.

Comment

Thanks guys, got it out. I'd missed the screw on the driver's side which holds the heater box to the lower heater ducting......I was working mainly from the passenger side so missed it as there isn't one on the N/S

It's out, matrix is goosed......now the great job of splitting the assembly and replacing the foam on the flaps.

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                    Thanks guys, got it out. I'd missed the screw on the driver's side which holds the heater box to the lower heater ducting......I was working mainly from the passenger side so missed it as there isn't one on the N/S

It's out, matrix is goosed......now the great job of splitting the assembly and replacing the foam on the flaps.
                    Horray! It's even harder getting it back.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Horray! It's even harder getting it back.
                      Yeah, looking forward to it.

Comment

Any chance that someone has that PDF file with "how to remove the dashboard" All pictures are missing
                        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Check your PM's mate, I've got the factory manual for your car and another member has it all on computer file which he can forward to you for a small donation.
                          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

There’s the old ‘heater matrix’ guide …

https://www.s2forum.com/filedata/fetch?id=2005355
                            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Thanks Ian, it will come in handy I guess
                              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Make sure when you've got it all back together that the heater unit isn't hanging on the heater matrix pipes as they pass through the bulkhead as I suspect that's the cause of a few heater matrix failures. I used a small block of wood at the base of the heater unit to support it on the transmission tunnel before doing up the bulkhead nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X